Reloading nickel cartridges?

nmtaxi

Very Active Member
I just went and bought a box of Winchester Supreme .338 win. mag. ammo, and didn't realize the cartridges are nickel plated. Have any of you had any experience reloading these, or are they just not reloadable?

i reload nickle cases for my brother's 270 wsm, and for my dad for his 270 win. never had a problem, reload the same as you would a brass case.

Interestingly, I have some Fed. nickel brass, for my .300 win mag., that has been reloaded about 12-13 times and still going. It, for whatvever reason has out lasted some standard brass I have had.
I neck size alot, so that explains some of it. Good brass.

I have heard that nickel plated brass can be hard on non carbide dies. Don't know if it is true, just what I have heard and read. mtmuley

I had some trouble with Winchester .223 nickle brass. They were getting stuck in the die. I have a contact with Winchester so I sent him a email and told him what was going on. He had me send a few of the ones that got stuck, in for evaluation. He called me and told me what the techs told him, it was due to the spray on lube I had been using. I went back to the RCBS lube and problem solved. I also noticed a slight jump in velocity when using the nickle compared to regular brass with the same loads. Not much but a little.
Guy

hey elkmaster, i think you neglected to pay attention in 8th grade english. what are you trying to say? last time i read sentence written like that it was in a tarzan funny book.

ELKMASTER101, why don't you go trolling huntamerica.com and leave us alone. Stick to what you know, pheasant hunting. Your racist and asine posts are getting annoying.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom