Reloading scale

Weiserbucks

Very Active Member
My lower priced electronic scale just took a dump . Are the more expensive ones worth the money or should I just use my beam scale ? I think I may always distrust electronic scales after this .

I've got the RCBS 5-10 beam scale that works great. The electronic scale was nice but I'm kind of gun shy about them now . The one that failed was consistently reading over 8 grains LOW . That's more than enough to cause safety issues, much less precision.

I use both. I have the Chargemaster and the Rangemaster electronic, and the higher end beam scale. I use the electronic and then the beam to double check. I have not had any bad luck with the electronic versions. I usually load about ten rounds once everything has been zeroed then check with the beam and repeat till finished.

Be careful of using electronic scales around florescence lights. I read where they can be thrown off by florescence lighting sometimes.

RELH

I have both but use the electronic scale for weighing and sorting cases. I use my beam scale for weighing powder charges.

I use a LYMAN DPS 1200 electronic measurer with built in scale and check each load with a RCBS 5_10 beam scale just to be safe.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom