Reloading site for 30-06 & 300 Win Mag

W

whtailtaker

does anyone have a site they would recommend to a beginner to use for reloading 30-06 & 300 Win Mag ?

was browsing and found this one posted in general hunting -
www.slatesafaris.com/7mm_reloading.htm

thanks in advance

better hunting thru trial and error-
"it doesn't take long to pickup and look at a hot horse shoe!"

As a beginner, one might pick up the videos that Sierra has out about reloading. Cabelas and other shooter supply places sell them. The front of the Hornady manual also gives good directions. Get a few manuals to cover the reloading data for the bullets and/or powders you want to use. The powder manufacturers have data on line. Have fun reloading.

Doug/RedRabbit

back many years ago I hunted with a guy who did his own reloading but when he decide to polish his brass after he had loaded them- BIG THUNDER- I decided to move on

I have ran the internet and local store sales to get my ammo in the past- but now that I have obtained certain rifles I have decided to do reloading

thanks again for any and all information

stuff em both full o' 4831 and put a 165 grain bullet in it w/ a magnum primer. anymore i use h4831sc, hogdon, but there doesn't seem to be much difference between it and imr as far as performance. both are real forgiving cartridges and quite easy to load for and get good results. only thing i've noticed is that different weight .30 caliber bullets don't hit in the same place. you'd think that if you switched from say 150's to 180's, that the point of impact would just be a little lower. not always the case with .30's. 180 might hit higher and the windage may change. not always, but with some rifles. probably has a lot to do with barrel twist. with 4831 it's real hard to get too much powder in an '06. you can, but you have to work at it. there are probably better powders for specific uses, but for what i do with mine, especially the .300 mag, i really like the hogdon 4831sc and i really like 165 gr. hornady bullets. primer brand doesn't seem to make a lot of difference either. just make sure it is called a "magnum" so's it really supplies a big flash and lights it all off well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom