Reloading

stillwaitin

So my old man and I are thing about getting into reloading. He shoots a 300 win and me a 300 RUM. So we are going broke buying factory ammo. So my questions are, are we going to save enough to make it worth it? And if so, where do we start? What is a good brand of reloader, dies everything like that, as well as powder and bullets and where to buy. Any info would be great.

Thanks

In the long run for sure you will save money. Also depends on how much you guys are shooting your rifles. A few things that I like about handloading are I can fine tune my loads to my rifle. Also I can load some bullets that arent loaded by any of the major companies. I would say look at a RCBS kit. Pretty good price for an entry level kit. Good luck!

RCBS starter kit and dies. Powder and primers your probably best buying local. Midway USA is a great company to deal with for the rest, Sinclairs also and a whole bunch more out there are good, do a quick search for bunches of them.
Will you save enough money????? Not me! But as a general rule I get to shoot twice as much for the same cost. Do I think you will save money reloading, NOPE, my bet is you will also shoot lots more.
Go to http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html and do a lot of reading and info gathering first and to see what a lot of people are using.
Reloading does take some time, but I am not sure if I will ever fire another factory centerfire rifle round again, not that they are bad, just that its a fun hobby that allows you to play with lots of variables.
Thats the quick response

Another vote for the RCBS starter kit.

One thing you will notice is that you will be able to produce ammo which is a bit more accurate that many factory loads. On paper you may not see it until you get past 300 yards or so.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Try the search feature here...This topic comes up about 5 times a year...You will find good info..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My theory is if your gonna shoot alot of rounds reload....if only a box or 2 a year...ain't worth it. I shoot alot of .223 and .220 swift so I reload...my .270 and .338 I haven't shot box in the last 3 years in neither so I don't reload those..

LAST EDITED ON May-19-10 AT 10:45PM (MST)[p]www.grafs.com flat rate shipping no matter how you buy, and a good selection of just about anything for reloading.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER
www.ElkHunterSports.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom