Relocating Cougars ... Will it work?

Good lord.....only in California. A prolific, abundant, non-endangered predator species is called "charismatic". And instead of using normal, logical methods of management like hunting, they're instead trapped and relocated multiple times, even when they're wiping out their local prey base. And I'd wager that the cost for trapping/relocating is all paid for by hunters.

Waste of time and money for sure. I live near this area and there are a lot of cats! I had to shoot one a few years ago on a depredation permit because it was eating goats in the yard. Our deer herds are shrinking and once a cat gets a taste of sheep up there, they stick close to them.

This battle between the sheep biologists and the cats has been going on for a long time. They used to just shoot them once they were targeting sheep. Relocating them is way too expensive. And I do not know of a place anywhere is CA that doesn't have too many cats already anyway.

Problem with any territorial predators is they do not tolerate interlopers too well. If the country looks good enough to support a lion, there probably are one or more already living there. Thus the newcomer is either driven off or it drives off the older resident(s) lion.

Complete waste of money. CA taxes are so high because the state wastes lots of money. Relocation of cougars is in the noise compared to the "Browndoggle" High Speed Rail that will be obsolete before it is completed, if it is ever completed.

Waste of money. They relocate "problem" bears and cats, to only have them become a problem somewhere else. Feeding them a lead supplement is the only way to solve this issue.

Relocating old women preying on young bucks..... may work. Lol Lions Not a chance! But if we are going to relocate them maybe we should try the cities as we havent tried that yet:cool:
Another dumbass decision by the commiefornians! It’s only taxpayer money....right.
Dang my sarcasm and odd humor is going strong this morning.

I am all for relocating them. Six feet under. We have to many mountain lions. If you want to introduce something , reintroduce hunting them!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom