Remington Kleanbore 209 primers

Seeing more ammo and also Remington ammo on store shelves. Hoping to see their primers start showing up.

They are a stronger primer casing that does not stick in the primer hole like a lot of others.

Had good performance with these for years now. Kind of one of those guys that don't change what works.

Sounds like your problem is blowback/blow-by - not anything to do with construction of the primer itself. The primer dimensions vary from brand to brand and some will seal in any given breech plug and some will not. There are several fixes for that problem in the event that you cannot locate the Remington Kleanbores.

Last edited:
Ya, all primers are dirty. The remington primers just do not stick in primer hole where you have to use tool or knife to extract them. Remington primers come out with your finger and thumb easily.

You can eliminate fouling and get any primer to come out easily with the right breech plug and primer combo. That’s my point.

In my CVA Accura, it occurs about once every 2-3 dozen shots. I keep my primer pocket really clean, and I will still get one of the Federal 209A primers that sticks once in a while. I went to Home Depot and got a nail puller and left in my range bag. In the field, I just make sure I have my Leatherman or pocket knife with a screwdriver blade

27447B77-C5B3-485E-A677-0B9EAA859B8F_4_5005_c.jpeg

You can eliminate fouling and get any primer to come out easily with the right breech plug and primer combo. That’s my point.
Yep and I have found that the right combo for both of my Thompsons are the original breech plugs with the Remington primers. Keep breech plug clean and never have problem in field.

With other primers they stick with only a few shots.

Thanks for the replies.

I see several online stores have them in stock. Hoping they become available at local stores soon. I do have two and a partial flats of them at this time until they come in stock and I will pick up a few more flats to keep in stock.

If anyone needs Winchester triple 7 209 primers- I have plenty and will not use them again. Needless to say, if you're using Blackhorn 209, it won't ignite them.

Likewise. I will never use anything but BH209 in a 209 rifle so I have hundreds of 777 primers that will go unused as well.

They are a stronger primer casing that does not stick in the primer hole like a lot of others.

Had good performance with these for years now. Kind of one of those guys that don't change what works.
Pretty sure that is not true. The reason the Kleenbore primers don’t stick is not because they are made stronger. It is actually because they are weaker/ reduced strength primers. They are made for 777 powder so they weaken the primers to made less of a “crude ring” in your barrel. Less power means they don’t expand and stick.

Pretty sure that is not true. The reason the Kleenbore primers don’t stick is not because they are made stronger. It is actually because they are weaker/ reduced strength primers. They are made for 777 powder so they weaken the primers to made less of a “crude ring” in your barrel. Less power means they don’t expand and stick.
(y) I do know they do not stick like the others for whatever reason. I have never had a problem with ignition and never a miss fire problem.

Hey JoeV and Diablo, I use Triple 7 209 primers. About the only thing I'm low on. PM me and maybe we can strike a deal.

I don’t know if this is something to do long term, but I got desperate last year not finding primers so I pulled some from some 3&1/2” 12guage duck loads I had a box of. Cut the shell, dumped the powder, wad and shot, then pushed the primer out with a pencil. Worked just fine for me with BH209. Again I was in a pinch.

Not cheap. Expensive when you factor the cost of the duck load!

But desperate times call for desperate (and expensive!) measures!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom