Remington ultimate muzzle loader

muzz

Long Time Member
Just bought the ultimate muzzle loader, what some good loads for elk? 150 yards max shots

Breechplug and modules from Arrowhead Rifles stuffed with CCI magnum rifle primers. And a 290 Barnes TMZ pushed by 94 grains by weight of BH209.

Not sure why you spent the money on a ultimate muzzy if you only plan on shooting 150 yards. You could of accomplished that with most muzzleloaders at half the price.

Mine shoots the accutips well with 3, 50 grain pellets. Killed a antelope at 280 yards last year. I will be upgrading to a new breach plug and blackhorn in the future. I have been very impressed with it so far.

Muzz, I tried doing a bunch of research on the plugs when I bought mine, but could never find or get a solid answer on lifespan. I like using BH in my other rigs and tinkering and customizing anyway, so that’s why I went ahead and upgraded. And have 0 complaints. Heard everythIng from 5 shots up to 100, but it was mostly when using BH with the factory plugs.

Started with the factory recommended barnes accutip bullet and 4, 50 grain triple seven pellets. Impressed me and have never changed.

Several bull elk, numerous cow elk and several bucks including 4 between 24 and 30 inches wide.

Several of us have the ultimates and have performed excellant for us with the accutips.

Enjoy it!!!

Started with the factory recommended barnes accutip bullet and 4, 50 grain triple seven pellets. Impressed me and have never changed.

Several bull elk, numerous cow elk and several bucks including 4 between 24 and 30 inches wide.

Several of us have the ultimates and have performed excellant for us with the accutips.

Enjoy it!!!
How is reloading after shooting with the triple 7 pellets? That’s why I like BH is the ease of the second shot if needed

I can shoot up to 7 or more shots if needed. Also pack some wet and dry cleaning patches in old film canisters if needed. The ultimate is quick and easy to clean.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom