Remington UML primers new or used

Easiest thing to do might be to replace the OEM plug with an Arrowhead plug. Then you wouldn’t run into this problem again.

Or another option is if you have the tools, primers and time to reprime the brass that comes with the Remington UML. Rumor is you can use 45 ACP brass as a substitute. I haven't tried it but it may be something you could research.

Or another option is if you have the tools, primers and time to reprime the brass that comes with the Remington UML. Rumor is you can use 45 ACP brass as a substitute. I haven't tried it but it may be something you could research.
It’s a .308 based case. So it’s possible to make cases from anything .308 based.

But the real fix here is swapping to the arrowhead plug.

I have no spent primers to reprime as i didnt know this would be a problem and i tried cutting down a .308 but the .308 is thicker than the UML and wont seat on the nipple. I dont want to change the primer because of how accurate this gun is the way they made it. but more and more it sounds thats my only option. thats why i need to buy spent brass or new ones. the only thing i havent tried yet, as i dont have the tools is milling the .308 thickness to match the UML primer. thanks for the feed back.

Easiest thing to do might be to replace the OEM plug with an Arrowhead plug. Then you wouldn’t run into this problem again.

have you tried these in this particular gun? Do i need to change my bolt at all to fire it?

.308 brass cut down doesn’t work. I’ve also heard 45 acp might work. I was going to give that a try, I’ll try it tonight or tomorrow and report back if it works.

RUML brass has been hard to find since Covid. I’ve got 25 or so. I know it says not to reprime them more than 3 times before discarding them, but many of us don’t have a choice when they aren’t making them anymore. Some of mine are 5+. The pocket is definitely getting bigger, but they do keep firing, so I’ll keep using them

have you tried these in this particular gun? Do i need to change my bolt at all to fire it?
No I don’t have a RUM but it appears that with the kit you’d have everything you need. Get a hold of Luke at Arrowhead and ask him.

I am located in Utah. and D33RHNTR let me know how the 45 acp goes. be awesome if that works. but i am gunna assume that the cases are too thick on those as well.

I am located in Utah. and D33RHNTR let me know how the 45 acp goes. be awesome if that works. but i am gunna assume that the cases are too thick on those as well.
.45 ACP wall is much thinner than a .308. They seemed to seat and fit just fine. I didn’t get a chance to try firing them yet.

I’m told a .260 rem case cut down will work as well

45 Win mag brass trimmed to UML length is supposed to work. The walls of 45 Win mag are a little thinner than 308 brass. 45 acp is too short.

You Wouldn't Be The Culprit with the Kid Would you?

Basin is The Same!

I Don't Mind The Global Warming In The Winter!

But It SUCKS in the Summer!:D

Just working and raising an orphan child that some low life dropped off on my porch. How’s the basin?

You Wouldn't Be The Culprit with the Kid Would you?

Basin is The Same!

I Don't Mind The Global Warming In The Winter!

But It SUCKS in the Summer!:D
Definitely not mine lol. I survived a couple winters in the basin when it was -30 that’s been about 15 years ago living in a damn camp trailer. I don’t miss the winters but I definitely miss being up there working and not having any other responsibilities besides that.

I have the tools to reprime them for you if you supply the primers. CCI primers work best for me and I have many

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom