Removing Antelope Horns

quest

Very Active Member
The easiest way I know of to remove Antelope horns (Pronghorn) is to get a garbage bag. Put the cut off skull (Antelope) in the garbage bag. Fill the garbage bag up until it just touches the bottom of the horns ( where the horns and skull meet). Next tie the bag off and hang it in the sun for about 3-6 days. The horn should pull off the skull. Oh and be sure to be careful for other animals...they might try to run off with your trophy:-( Here are some pics.

4a4ecaa530e097de.jpg

4a4ecafa3239bcd1.jpg

Fill the garbage bag up until it just touches the bottom of the horns ( where the horns

FILL WITH WHAT......YOU LEFT OUT SOME INGREDIENTS.

Brian

I took a pronghorn to a taxidermist once. It was about three days after the kill. I had the cape already off at that point. He took a screw driver and carefully worked along the bottom edge of the horn until it came loose,(kind of like opening a paint can) and then he twisted and pulled the horns off. Took about 2 minutes.

I can see how the water/trash bag trick would work with no danger of damage to the horn though.

Eel

eelgrass that's new to me. Most of the taxidermist I know either boil or use a microwave--- water method. If it works great.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom