Repairs on Leica 15X56 binoculars -----Horrible Customer Service!

DonMartin

Very Active Member
I don't usually complain about the services of a company,but in the case of the repair of my Leica 15x56 Geovid binoculars, I want to share this experience with you as you may be considering purchasing these high end glasses.

Last December, I had the unfortunate experience of falling down, and in the process banged up my Leica 15x56 Geovid binoculars pretty bad, after they flew out of the case and hit some rocks (They were tethered too).

On January 2, 2018 I sent an email to COMPANY 7 in Montpelier Maryland explaining that I needed the binos repaired ASAP as I had spring hunts to do.

On January 5 I get an email on instructions on how to send them back. I also asked for loaners since I had a number of spring javelina and turkey hunts to do.

I hear NOTHING till April 9 when I send them another email.

Still no loaners, no estimates, NOTHING just this statement. "It has been nearly three months since your binocular was logged in and sent on, still we have not been able to provide either an estimate, or warranty determination, Since we sent the binocular on, and with our report, we have received no communication back from channels about the status of your binocular."

Today, May 1, I called the company and spoke with the guy I had been emailing about this.

He says he is disappointed and will send another email to the higher ups including the Customer Relations USA lady and will let me know.

Is this not unbelievable?

I've been a loyal Leica customer for many years... How do you think I feel now?

How would YOU feel if this was happening to you?

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

43893leicageovidbinocularsserial1766018.jpg

tp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/14047eyecupissue.jpg

50094eyecupissue.jpg

After months and months of waiting for my new binoculars to be fixed I got an email from them "Your opinion is important to us"...the link looks to still work
https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/Leica_CC_INT

I could never really understand why they didn't just give me a new pair, but instead decided I should wait months for them to send them over seas to get repaired. Maybe that is expecting too much but they were new and undamaged. I will turn to a different manufacturer for my next optics purchase

I had a pair of Trinovids back in the day. They were great optics but even then, Leica customer service was sub-par. Warranty on their range finding binoculars is ridiculous. I doubt I will ever buy Leica again. Even Swarovski doesn't have a life time warranty on their optics. Vortex has a great warranty, too bad it is used often.

Leupold stands behind their product and so does Burris. I am a big fan of Burris when it comes to overall cost/value, quality and warranty. They aren't big in the bino and spotting scope market but you can't beat their scopes.

The worst optics company in the industry, when it comes to not standing behind their total crap product is ATN. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ATN!

That sucks to hear. I sent in my Ultravid hd plus optics after I took a spill on an elk hunt and scratched the lenses, Leica had them fixed and sent back no cost in about 3 months. I'll see if I can find you info to the guy I talked with about my optics if youd like. He was on top of it.

Interesting I broke a pair of swarovskies in two basically and no questions ask they rebuilt them and got them back quick

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom