Replacing RV flooring

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
My RV flooring split in a couple places. Selling it to buy a smaller model that isn't a bunkhouse trailer. The flooring splits after a few years because they don't glue them down.
I'm replacing with vinyl planks that must be glued. I have never used the trowel out glue before. I didnt like the idea of installing it in a small space so I bought Loctite PL 3X Premium construction adhesive for large caulking gun.
Is this an ok deal or not ? I know this is a hunting forum according to Highcountryman, lol.

I purchased a toy hauler years ago. The guy I bought it from pulled it off his lot in sub-zero temps. The trailer flexed while being dragged down the dirt road and split the linoleum. I had to replace it when I bought it. He gave me a huge discount on the purchase because of the extra work that needed to be done.

I used the spray-on linoleum adhesive. But looking back, I wished I would have did the linoleum squares with spray-on adhesive as they would have given me more flexibility if I ever pulled that trailer in frigid temps.

Oh well, I’ve since sold the trailer and purchased something lighter to tug to the hills.

To answer question, I only have experience with spray-on adhesive. It worked great. But I wonder how it would handle in below zero temps, while flexing down a dirt road…

I'd Be careful with the Construction Adhesive/Liquid Nails!

Or At Least Hope You Don't never have to Chisel that Stuff out!:D

They Make a Commercial Grade Linoleum Glue/Adhesive I'd Buy Rather than the CHEAP Crap!

I'd Be careful with the Construction Adhesive/Liquid Nails!

Or At Least Hope You Don't never have to Chisel that Stuff out!:D

They Make a Commercial Grade Linoleum Glue/Adhesive I'd Buy Rather than the CHEAP Crap!
I'm selling it so I won't be pulling it anywhere.

It's too bad you already bought the adhesive. They make water-based, solvent-free glues for vinyl flooring products that are no problem used in a small space.

Be sure to use the right sized notched trowel even with your construction adhesive.

I worked a number of years installing floor covering before getting into hvac 25 years ago.
Always use the adhesive designed specifically for the application. Spreading the glue with a trowel is nothing to be afraid of. Much easier than the mess you will likely end up trying to glue it down with construction adhesive and a calk gun.

I know I should have used the trowel method. There are so many direction changes and measuring to do I just don't know how I could have used the trowel method before I had the Adhesive getting fry on me. Using 6in wide planks and wish I had bought the wider planks to get this done sooner. Here is a pic of part done.
20210906_193634.jpg

I know I should have used the trowel method. There are so many direction changes and measuring to do I just don't know how I could have used the trowel method before I had the Adhesive getting fry on me. Using 6in wide planks and wish I had bought the wider planks to get this done sooner. Here is a pic of part done.
View attachment 51704
Nice job you are hired can you start in SF this week?

I do like the smart asp comments. It's like being at work with my crew. I do realize I should have used the glue with trowel method. Well, I'm too slow at measuring and cutting pieces before that stuff dries. I hope this lasts for a few years for someone. Im headed over to buy tge newer RV today. It is a 2019 Coachmen Apex Ultralite 215 RBK. we don't want a 26 ' bunkhouse trailer anymore. A shorter trailer with a slide out is better for us. Only weighs around 4300 empty and has loads of storage space.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom