Resident in two states?

Deerlove

Long Time Member
I saw that a hunter was claiming residentcy in Ut and another state, for the last ten years. Finally got caught and Ut gave him a whoping $280 fine and did NOT suspend his licence??

Wow
I wonder how many deer/elk he took in those years and if any was trophy size. Not even a HARD slap on the hand.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>I saw that a hunter was
>claiming residentcy in Ut and
>another state, for the last
>ten years. Finally got caught
>and Ut gave him a
>whoping $280 fine and did
>NOT suspend his licence??

I Wonder if an MM'er might know Him?

She Don't Just Rain She Pours!

That Girl Right There's The Perfect Storm!

90087hankjr.jpg

I wonder what the other state was. If part of the western wildlife alliance maybe they will slap his pipi a little harder.

Did you guys ever think he was just a hard working guy supporting a family that accidentally checked the resident box in 2 states? Are you so high and mighty as to believe this couldn't happen to any of us? Do you want to ruin a mans life for this?
What harm was done? This happens in Texas all the time. Accidents happen, none of you are perfect!

I know winter hit Houston this week, temps in the 40's, rain. Figured Tri would be out chaining up the mini van and wrapping his pipes at the trailer park, and wouldn't have time to respond.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-17 AT 08:43AM (MST)[p]For 10 years Hoss?
>
>
>Or are you joking in tristates
>absence?

That sure sounds like a trollstate post and it was obviously sarcasm posted by Hoss if you haven't figured that out by now!

I was once a resident of no states for a bit. I moved from one state, where I was told I was no longer a resident, and had not been in the new state long enough to establish residency, so I was told I was not a resident there either. I had to pay non-resident hunting fees in both states that year. I moved at just the wrong time when apps were not out yet in first state, and were due in the second state before I had lived there long enough to become a resident.

The person who I will not name, reminds of back in the old pinewood derby days when a boy brought a car several ounces over the limit.
This lady really got mad when she was told they would have to take enough lead out of her son's car to make it legal. She said, Well! What harm will it do".

If someone always wins all of the races, someone else looses.

Only 280.00 for a 10 year Trial?

I'm Slickin that Deal Up!:D

She Don't Just Rain She Pours!

That Girl Right There's The Perfect Storm!

90087hankjr.jpg

Utah will let you register your car in Utah if you live in another state, in fact they encourage it.

A lot of businesses do it.

>Utah will let you register your
>car in Utah if you
>live in another state, in
>fact they encourage it.
>
>A lot of businesses do it.
>

uh.....so your car could get a resident deer tag???

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>Utah will let you register your
>car in Utah if you
>live in another state, in
>fact they encourage it.
>
>A lot of businesses do it.
>

Yes. It is a well known fact that Utah is like the offshore vehicle registration Mecca and advertises itself as such. Very compelling information. Thanks for sharing.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

$28/yr vs the price difference of res/nonres? Elkassassin send me your mailing address!

#livelikezac

Ut can be very tough on residency cases when it comes to Desert Bighorns. A guy from Az thought he was exploiting a loophole and drew a Zion resident sheep permit . He thought he had crossed all his Ts and took a nice ram . It was confiscated and he left Ut with a felony record. We pay attention when we are due to draw. He was turned in by a guy that probably got passed in the resident draw.

I think this a BS.My brother got busted 20 years ago for almost the same thing.He lived in California but never hunted there and hunted Utah as a resident I can't remember how much the fine was but he lost his hunting right for 3 years in Utah.

>Arns, please explain why this is
>BS?

I guess he's pissed because his brother lost his hunting rights for 3 years and this guy didn't lose a day and got only a small fine, both of which are a real crock IMHO!

What I think is BS the inconsistency of the DWR.My brother worked in California for 2 years and came home to hunt Utah as a resident.Like I said before he didn't hunt in California.Im not saying what my brother did was alright he should of bought a out of state permit.But if this guy hunted 2 states as a resident for 10 years and that's all they did ya that's BULL CHIT.

Who has been spewing that BS to you? You have 90 days to register your car in Utah once you move here. You can not register your car in another state if you are a Utah resident.

>Who has been spewing that BS
>to you? You have 90
>days to register your car
>in Utah once you move
>here. You can not register
>your car in another state
>if you are a Utah
>resident.

***Actually it's only 60 days Travis. This is right from the UT DMV website:

I just moved to Utah. How do I get a Utah registration and how long do I have?
New residents to Utah are allowed 60 days to transfer titles and registrations. To do this, you will need the existing title (unless held by a lien holder as collateral in a financing agreement) and the most recent registration. See Vehicle Inspections to find out if your vehicle needs a safety and/or emissions inspection.

All vehicles that are titled or registered in Utah for the first time are required to complete a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) inspection. Form TC-661, Certificate of Inspection must be completed by a DMV employee, designated contractor, peace officer, licensed dealer, or a certified safety inspector. Note that this may be completed by a DMV employee at the time of registration.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom