Resident pool early archery

montezumarchery

Did anyone draw early archery bull resident pool bonus pass with 14 to 18 points? I am specifically interested in units 10 and 3a3c.

Did anyone draw early archery bull resident pool bonus pass with 14 to 18 points? I am specifically interested in units 10 and 3a3c.
I'm curious as well. My dad didn't draw 10 with 18 points. Last year it was 100% with 14 points. I can't recall any hunt in any state for any species creeping 4+ points in one year.

I am not shocked to hear this honestly. I spoke with one outfitter as a non res with 20 points about a hunt that I would "should" have been guaranteed based off of past #s. That hunt was going to go to 25 points this year for non res. I know this isn't a fair comparison but it doesn't take many of these situations to rattle a point system. they have both Res and Non res clients starting to come terms with their age or where they are in the pool.

I think there are a lot of factors in play right.

Date Change
Non Res changing to Res
Realization of status in the point pool and people just wanting to hunt.
Moisture - I think there are a lot of people burning points based off the monsoon / winter combo
Crossbow Permits - Whether you agree with it or not rifle guys can convert to archery much easier now.

Draw report this year is going to be a fun one to break down

I am not shocked to hear this honestly. I spoke with one outfitter as a non res with 20 points about a hunt that I would "should" have been guaranteed based off of past #s. That hunt was going to go to 25 points this year for non res. I know this isn't a fair comparison but it doesn't take many of these situations to rattle a point system. they have both Res and Non res clients starting to come terms with their age or where they are in the pool.

Date Change
Non Res changing to Res
Moisture - I think there are a lot of people burning points based off the monsoon / winter combo
Crossbow Permits - Whether you agree with it or not rifle guys can convert to archery much easier now.

Still finding it hard to believe some of these hunts are jumping 4-5 points. There's not enough super high point guys avaliable to make that happen over that many hunts. I guess the reports with show us but I have a feeling there's some major errors in the draw this year.

Im with you @longranger . I just have a gut feeling after talking to a number of outfitters and residents that we are going to see some weird shifts. I wish AZFG would include the 3000 code on the draw report. That would show you how many were in the shadows that could also disrupt these things.

Im with you @longranger . I just have a gut feeling after talking to a number of outfitters and residents that we are going to see some weird shifts. I wish AZFG would include the 3000 code on the draw report. That would show you how many were in the shadows that could also disrupt these things.

Less than half actually apply for a hunt in WY. I would guess AZ to not be that bad but you never know.

I had 19 archery antelope points and applied for hunts that were 100% draw last year. No tag this year. I used to be able to draw those same hunts with 4-6 points.

The creep on 3C must have been ugly this year. Last year 15 was enough for 100% draw rate. Looks like this year 17 is probably the bar to clear.

The problem being seen is a few guys with lifetime licenses who should be in the resident pool didn't get tags with 18 points.
I don't remember if you have to specify res or non-res when applying. maybe the issue is putting in non-res when applying but should be putting in res if you are a lifetime license holder?

In any event I would be calling G&F office to find out the issue.

has anyone experienced this in the past? Or is this year the first time this snafu has shown up?

I don't remember if you have to specify res or non-res when applying. maybe the issue is putting in non-res when applying but should be putting in res if you are a lifetime license holder?

In any event I would be calling G&F office to find out the issue.

has anyone experienced this in the past? Or is this year the first time this snafu has shown up?
They specify that you have to check non resident but that their system is "smart" and will recognize your lifetime license # and put you into the resident pool. Lol the fact that they think they are capable of coding that when they can't do anything else is nuts. I've heard abiut this a few times over the years but guys get the runaround from azgfd and they don't get anywhere. Many times they will resort to claiming your card was rejected to that's why you weren't drawn but its all BS.

I
They specify that you have to check non resident but that their system is "smart" and will recognize your lifetime license # and put you into the resident pool. Lol the fact that they think they are capable of coding that when they can't do anything else is nuts. I've heard abiut this a few times over the years but guys get the runaround from azgfd and they don't get anywhere. Many times they will resort to claiming your card was rejected to that's why you weren't drawn but its all BS.
Ive drawn 3 tags with a lifetime license that wouldn’t have been possible if the computer hadn’t recognized my LH hunting license number. None this year however.

That's good to know it's worked in the past. Hopefully they just give these guys the tags they deserve and don't make a big deal out of it.

I

Ive drawn 3 tags with a lifetime license that wouldn’t have been possible if the computer hadn’t recognized my LH hunting license number. None this year however.
It seems to me, that if there is a problem it started with the new system. Hopefully it is just a few of us that got caught in a minor glitch with this year's elk draw. I am in AZ right now and I am planning on going to the Tucson office tomorrow to see if anyone there might be able to give me any answers. I have a feeling they will not do anything until the draw summary goes public.

I don't know if can see it, but here is the 3000 hunt code info from 7 of 2022

IMG_20230322_163847.jpg

That's not the 3000 hunt code, that's total sportsmen by point level after the draw. It includes 3000 point buyers as well as unsuccessful apps who gained a point.

My dad drew with 17 last year and returned the tags due to a schedule conflict with an Utah moose tag he drew. The system was working at that time for lifetime license holding non residents.

He has already been to the G&F office twice with no luck. It will be interesting to see the draw reports.

My son drew 3A3C early archery resident 18 points. I had 10 was going to put in together average 14, but thought better of it. Point creep is getting unpredi

Date Change
Non Res changing to Res

You are spot on IMHO plus the realization that with point creep your waiting 25 years to draw an early rifle.

Maybe I can figure out who it is and point share with him. Then he can use his Point Guard and keep building points!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry guys. Couldn't resist. :):)

What’s interesting is we ran into a guy on my dads deer hunt last year that said he had max AZ points for almost every species. Who knows if he was telling the truth.

He said he Hadn’t hunted because none of if friends hunted anymore. He was going to eat the tag because he wasn’t seeing any deer. We ended up convincing him to go out one more morning after my dad killed his deer and got him one.

I have his # somewhere may be worth investigating.

Date Change
Non Res changing to Res

You are spot on!

Speaking of AZGFD, have you seen their new website? I thought my computer went into safe mode when I first visited it. Lol

That’s going to take some time getting used to.

Having the log in button at the bottom of the page is dumb! Even if you select the three lines in the upper right, it doesn’t render good in landscape mode on my iPad and I have to rotate to portrait mode to see the login button from there,

Yes, first world problems…lol…but it needs some tweaking to work with iPads.

AZGFD updated their website and it's confusing? Now there's a shocker!! I'll have to check it out and be confused myself.

Oh wait, maybe now the application system and the portal system will link together!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom