RESIGNATION AS MODERATOR

B

bluelk

Gentlemen, my integrity has come into question because of some very minor topics. "Sheephunter" has decided that he is the "morals police" of this website and I won't tolerate it, so I am no longer the moderator of this forum. If you want to see the problem then read "T/C OMEGA INLINE".

I have had some fun trying to teach all of you how to properly use and shoot muzzleloaders, but I will not tolerate someone who questions my integrity.

I don't get paid to be a Moderator and therefore am not going to continue. Good luck in the future.

Bluelk, So many people here need help with their M/L questions that I hope you will reconsider. I've been lurking at this site since before registration was required. I didn't sign-on earlier because of some of the crap that went on here. Those of us that have been here for awhile, or visit with you at the other place know that you are as forthright as they come. Please, don't let one bad apple spoil it for the rest. You've done so much for so many people and I for one thank you for that.

If my memory serves, and hey...maybe it doesn't but what the heck, I'm no moderator or an "expert" per se on anything other than I'm pretty sure my big ol' yellow Lab likes it when I scratch him behind the ears...anyway, The "sheephunter" fella is an outdoor writer. I've seen some of the stuff he's penned in "Big Buck" and I think in recent issues of "Hunting Illustrated". Them "gunny-scribes" are kinda persnickity when it comes to complete, 100% precise accuracy in their writing circles. So if you saw the gun on a wall or on a table or in a brochure on a table or in a brochure holder or maybe the fella at the table said something about the outfit or maybe said or saw nothing at all..I don't care and I'll wager the vast majority of those who enjoy your output here don't give a rat's backside either. I'm hoping you'll reconsider.
AzBuckSnort

Sorry to hear that Bluelk. I have gotten a lot of good info from you as I am sure many others have.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I go hunting for a week and I cannot believe the mess on this site. What a shame!
I can't see exactly what was said, because of the deletions. I however can get the idea.
I rarely ever post anywhere else on this site because of this type of behavior. I have always felt that us guys shooting the front stuffers and posting on the Muzz. page were different, maybe a bit more civil. It now appears that I was wrong.

With the resignation of bluelk we have lost a dedicated leader who loves our sport more than most of us could ever imagine. He has been absolutly selfless in his devotion to this board and his willingness to help anybody who ever posted, cannot be overstated.
Bluelk, I want to thank you. You are truly a rare individual, and you will be missed.
Henry

I am sorry to hear that Bluelk won't be with us as the moderator. I didn't know anything about muzz hunting until I started reading your posts. They helped me and my wife out a great deal and I hope you either reconsider or, at least, stop in and say hello once in a while.

Thanks for all your help.

BBOY

Nothing against the rest of you, but if Bluelk walks I'm out of here. I'll go to the Forums that he still Moderates. I've learned more in the last two years listening to him than I did in my previous 15 years of muzzleloading.

Bluelk, I want to thank you for all of the information and help you have provided on this forum. I don't quite understand the nitpicking.

I would stay on as moderator just out of principle Bluelk, heck, I've been called worse. I never thought I would say this but you should look to Cass for help on this one. If he were to quit everytime someone called him a liar he would have left a LONG time ago. I mean, who cares if you did or did not see a gun or if you saw it if it were on a table or on a wall. This is really trivial crap if you ask me. I never come in here but it seems to me that you have provided a service to a lot of folks in here. I think it would be a crying shame if you left because of a little name calling. If your not living on the edge your taking up to much space anyway. Drummond

Bluelk,

I have to say that I have always enjoyed your postings. You know what you are talking about and have given some great advice. I never read the thread but I don't really care...if you are a friend you forgive and forget, especially with something as trivial as what I have heard.....and I don't have anything to forget about with you. I hope that I will be able to find you in another forum elsewhere. You're insight will be missed on this site...I have been muzzleloading for a few years and I don't know anyone that has as much information as Bluelk. If you get a chance please let me know where I can find you on other forums.....I really value your opinions and insight. You have taught us all quite a bit.

Thank you,
John

It's funny that I get brought up in the weirdest places. :\ maybe MM.com should give me a shirt that says "Most Popular Your Buck" :) Blueelk, You have helped me in the past many times, From the time i was 15 and I first got into muzzleloading till the time I had the funnest hunt ever. You explained the stuff on the new muzzleloaders and told me that they are much more accurate then my old .50 caliber hawken. Because of you I was able to enjoy one of my most memorable hunts, My first ever Muzzleloader hunt back in 1999. Although unsucessful, I still had a blast. Many people have called me an ass, or many other names as "Huntsonora" has pointed out. But both you and I know that people can't change us, We've done what we've done and some people just need to learn to accept whats there. I never did get to read the "Sheephunters" posts for they were deleted. But i wish you the best luck in your decision and If you decide to leave, Then Have some happy hunting and, hey if your ever in Nevada on a muzzleloader Hunt, tell me :)

-Cass

Who's moderating this thread currently? Post #11 is missing. Did someones feelings get hurt in that one also? Bluelk, have you resigned or are you just pumping the population here for sympathy? I dont own nor do I shoot a muzzleloader, therefore I never have visited this board up until Coues tried to shame everybody at the site for Bluelks feelings getting hurt. I missed out on the whole Sheephunter/Bluelk controversy so I cant speak intelligently about it but it appears to me that Bluelk needs to get thicker skin. Sheephunter (whom I dont know from Adam) has posted some statements above in #18, (that is if #18 is still here and didnt get moderated off the board), that I am wondering if there is any truth to. Bluelk, did he not attempt to contact you by mail and did you or did you not reply to him? Why were only his posts removed yet the ones that shed him in bad light left up for all to read. Moderating means being equal, not selective. Bluelk, I wouldnt know you from Adam either but based upon the comments left by others about you, you seem to have made a positive impression upon and have helped numerous people on this site. It would be a waste for you to walk away from it but you need to defacate or get off the pot dude.
Nuff said.

Mike

I think that all this crazy stuff has come up because we are all just going through withdrawls because hunting season has ended or is shortly coming to a close.
Happy Thanksgiving! Eat a lot and be sure to eat more than your brothers etc. No one wants to be the loser of that eating contest. :9

heartshot

Bluelk sometimes we haven't seen eye to eye but you and me have always come to a agreement to disagree or to agree I count you as a friend even if I haven't meet you yet. Thanks for all the infor you have gave over the last year or so.Please take my e-mail address with ya so you can keep in touch. See ya on the mountain sometime.

Bluelk,

The "I'm taking my ball, and going home." attitude, is one that we try to break in our kids...

You have been an excellent moderator...although sometimes a little haughty when someone dosen't quite get it the first time, or when someone else refrases a question that has already been answered in the same thread...You know your stuff though, I'll have to say that much...But what the heck, we all get that way sometimes, especially when we know what we're talking about, and someone always has to play the Devils advocate with everything we say...
I have e-mailed you questions twice before, and you have always been extremely prompt and Helpful...So getting mad and leaving the board just to prove you can, or are pissed off enough to do it is not the right thing to do...

You are Needed by most all of us on this board, and Most all of us will not get our questions answered in quite the same way, or quite so promptly...which is sometimes when we really need them answered...

Forget the Critics!!! they will always be there in a Crowd no matter where you are...Just be the Big-One here, and quit being so pissed.

Just my opinion!
330-Trapper

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom