Restaurants in Elko

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
Guys can you recommend a couple of good restaurants in Elko that are good to eat at. Have some teenagers that are big eaters, any help would be appreciated
We will be there the first week in October

Depends on what you are looking for.

The Star is traditional Basque food and serves some good steak, but is on the high end price-wise. The soup and salad are really good, but I could take or leave the rest of the sides, but there are a lot of them. You won't leave hungry.

Toki Ona is similar, but not quite as pricey. I actually prefer the food quality/price ratio here to The Star.

Coffe Mug is standard diner fare. Nothing special, but decent food for a decent price.

Chef Chang's is ok cheap Chinese food. I like the honey spicey chicken. Serving sizes are quite big, so you won't leave hungry.

Odeah's is really good Mediterranean food. I particularly like the shwarma sandwich in the home-made pita. If you like spice, ask for some of their home-made hot sauce on the side.

I definitely second The Star for dinner. It can be a bit pricy and a bit of a wait at times but, totally worth it. That's a must stop for me, if I am staying the night in Elko. During hunting seasons, the star tends to fill up with folks fresh off the mountains. It's usually great company and a lot of good stories from the hunt.

I also always stop for breakfast at The Coffee Mug for breakfast when in town.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-19 AT 03:10PM (MST)[p]If your teens are big eaters, then do the Star or Toki Oni's. If they walk out of either of those places hungry, it's their own fault. The Red Lion has buffets some nights, they also have have another restaurant in there called Aspens which isn't too bad.

Personally my favorite is Lucianos. Outstanding food, great service, and the chef is the owner and always there so you know the food is going to be good. I have never had a bad meal there. It's a little bit of Italian, a little american (steaks, sea food, lamb). Nice atmosphere as well.

Hunter Rays has pretty good burgers, reminds me a little of IN/OUT burgers. Generous portions. The Star, Lucianos, and Hunter Rays are all withing about 50 yards of each other.

There are 4 or so mexican restaurants as well. I think they all measure up about the same. I am good with any of them, the tastes aren't much different from each other. If you held a gun to my head to choose, I'd pick Dos Amigos just off I-80 to south, exit 301 in the Smiths shopping area.

Should you want to venture over the summit (south of Elko) about 10 miles, there is an establishment out there called Muley's. It's in the community of Spring Creek. Pretty good food there, nice selection of beverages. Some decent heads on the walls.

Chef Chengs I would avoid. The seats are uncomfortable because the padding is broken down. Last time I ate in there there were two sets of people with their effing pets in there and the owners toddler was riding around on her trike when she wasn't crying. About two months ago. Food inspectors have a hey day there every time they inspect it. If you want chinese or sushi, try the Blue Moon.

Himikos was good for sushi but they just got hammered in the last health inspection about a week ago. I think they got it cleaned up because they got their asses kicked bad. all you can eat rolls and some other things for 31.00 or so. Not too bad. Decent selection of beers and other things.

These are my opinions only and mine may not jibe with some others, but there you go. Enjoy!

All good choices up above. If you do end up going to the Star then be sure to ask the bartender to let you see the photo albums under the bar.
For Sandwiches you can go to Mattie's Sports Bar, there are several pizza resturants, Costa Vida for fast Mexican food and we have all of the regular fast food resturants. Goodluck, hope you have a great hunt. fatrooster.

If you've never eaten at the Star, you should do it at least once for dinner. It's an experience as much as anything. I've never found anything like it around here.

I planned on staying in wendover on my way to Colorado but after reading this I may have to adjust and stop in Elko. Lol

Wow thanks guys you gave me some real choices especially the Star. I ate there as I kid and forgot about it didn't know it was still open.

I know the Dos Amigos by Smiths as that is where we fill up before heading out of town.

I really appreciate the help I will download your suggestions and have the family vote.

I have two votes LOL so it is the Star for me.

Wow thanks guys you gave me some real choices. I forgot about the Star I ate there as a kid but didn't know it was still open.

I know Dos Amigos at Smiths as that is where we fill up on the way out of town.

I will download all of these places and take a vote from the family. My Vote is for the Star and I have two votes.
LOL like the democrats!!!

Thanks again I appreciate the response.

DH53

++ on the Star and the pico use to always stop in Elko and spend the night on hunting trips from California to Idaho

The Star is always good. Love the Pizza Barn. Used to love the Pine Lodge in Lamoille , somenice mounts on the wall. Haven?t been there in years .

Is Muley's still open? I think it was in Lamoille not that far south of elko. We ate there in 2012. Good atmosphere and food.

Muleys still open. Arguably the best chicken wings locally. Burgers are great as well as the other sandwiches. We like going there for breakfasts on Sunday mornings sometimes. Good bloody marys and the corned beef hash is muy bueno.

is there much chicken wing competition...locally???

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]I hear Inez's and Mona's just down the street from the Star are good. Nice bed and breakfasts. I would skip the breakfast.

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-08-19
>AT 07:58?PM (MST)

>
>I hear Inez's and Mona's just
>down the street from the
>Star are good. Nice bed
>and breakfasts. I would skip
>the breakfast.

It's been a long time since I was there but ++

Susan's just block from STARS use to be the best for furburgers. Go to STARS.

Brian

http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom