Results Today!

1618938302680.png

No one said it meant we drew or didnt ? We just found it odd that emails made it to certain applicants and certain people did not get them. To me that makes zero sense at all . when you get every other email from them. I suppose it could mean their mass email system is terrible too?

yes actually serval post above theorized that it had something to do with the draw itself. Post 73,74.
Yes is makes zero sense but that’s government run IT for you in a nutshell. I got the email, it means nothing but a discount code.

Man you guys are really looking way to hard into this lol! The email is just a thank you with discount codes. How someone could come up with a theory that means they either drew or didn’t is hilarious!

You look new, so you probably weren't around during the "dancing application order" hysteria, now that was funny! For some people the order of their applications would change when they logged into website, and that was supposed to mean something.

You look new, so you probably weren't around during the "dancing application order" hysteria, now that was funny! For some people the order of their applications would change when they logged into website, and that was supposed to mean something.

That discussion was had over on rokslide over the past few days.

This is usually the better site to watch for NM results though.

That was a funny theory...lol

I am usually just a lurker...but I have to know, Is Rio the all knowing guy? He seems pretty tight lipped, come on Rio spill it. I need my BHS or 6B hunt to show Green, when will we know? I swung for the fences like every year, not a chance in heck I'll draw.

I am usually just a lurker...but I have to know, Is Rio the all knowing guy? He seems pretty tight lipped, come on Rio spill it. I need my BHS or 6B hunt to show Green, when will we know? I swung for the fences like every year, not a chance in heck I'll draw.
I wouldn't say RIO is all knowing, but he does work for NMDGF. In what capacity know one knows for sure, and that is ok. Hes provides a wealth of knowledge and humor to the board. He has said he is not in control of the draw and only a handlful of people know for sure. With that said if RIO says something my ears perk and I pay attention.

I wouldn't say RIO is all knowing, but he does work for NMDGF. In what capacity know one knows for sure, and that is ok. Hes provides a wealth of knowledge and humor to the board. He has said he is not in control of the draw and only a handlful of people know for sure. With that said if RIO says something my ears perk and I pay attention.
That's great that NMDGF employee's provide good quality input into these boards. Thank you Rio and Bobby for the heads up.

New user here, first time resident and applicant in New Mexico, I had no idea it would possibly come out earlier and had about a heart attack when i opened this thread

Okay, back to the coupons. Why does Federal issue a coupon when you cant even find their ammo anywhere and they wont let you back order it? federal ascent 300 win mag. $330 for 2 boxes on gun broker. Going up every week.

The Red Sea here, first time not drawing anything in who knows how long, usually at least get my 3rd choice archery deer in 21. Family went 0-15.

OK I actually added them all up - between my family and two friends we went 0-35 in the outfitter pool as NR of course. I am predicting the draw odds tanked significantly. We should have drawn a couple tags based on the units we put in for. Thank goodness I have built points up in a number of states over the past 15 years - New Mexico provided some great hunts during that time allowing me to save my points. I will be burning some this year.

Thank you God, I finally get to hunt bull after 9 years of trying to draw. Drew deer, too. And my oldest son drew deer and antelope. 3/4 of these tags are in my backyard, too!

Feeling fortunate!

Second year in a row not a single tag. All red. Sad, how, many lifetime residents like me that can't even draw a 4th choice deer tag in our own state.

Thank you God, I finally get to hunt bull after 9 years of trying to draw. Drew deer, too. And my oldest son drew deer and antelope. 3/4 of these tags are in my backyard, too!

Feeling fortunate!

I want you user name, you can change yours to 'happygolucky'.

Aren't there units in NM that are nearly 100% for non residents? I'd think you'd at least put in for one of those. Hunting is better than not hunting. It's not like you're burning points.

Aren't there units in NM that are nearly 100% for non residents? I'd think you'd at least put in for one of those. Hunting is better than not hunting. It's not like you're burning points.
As a NR, I always put in for Unit 29 as last choice. It is not a highly sought after unit and I have about a 75% success rate drawing it. I grew up in SE NM and know the unit well. Not many deer, but decent deer if you know where to hunt. Have taken 4 decent bucks there on last 7 tags. Any hunting is better than no hunting in my opinion.

Nothing but red for me, again, as I compete for 6% of 125-250 (from 6 to 15) tags with several thousand other folks. Logic tells me to quit giving their liberal government an interest-free, several-thousand dollar loan and a $150 dollar donation every year, but the loony in me can’t help it.

Congrats and good luck to those who drew!!!

first time applicant, I am not sure what i expected but a red sea was not it. Oh well next year, guess i better start looking at leases in texas. At least i have a idaho NR tag

Red here. Good news for others is think I'm gonna drop out as its more than I want to throw down a hole every years. Since you can't build points, the odds for quality units are just too much for me to justify. Good luck to others!

My hunt partner and I drew 16e muzzleloader elk tags. Mighty lucky, considering we took 2 of the 4 non-resident tags. Onto planning.
I've hunted it twice and tagged out both times, send me a PM if you want and i'll give you my cell and run down the area for you.

All red for me....except rifle ibex. Hunting with Kiowa, I drew one of 2 tags in the guide pool. Still cant believe i beat out more than 1,334 others.

You just never know in NM, I've been VERY lucky. In 10 years I have drawn - 16D 2nd elk rifle, 16e rifle elk twice, 36 late archery deer unguided, 33 rifle deer guided and Rhodes Oryx guided.

All red for me....except rifle ibex. Hunting with Kiowa, I drew one of 2 tags in the guide pool. Still cant believe i beat out more than 1,334 others.

You just never know in NM, I've been VERY lucky. In 10 years I have drawn - 16D 2nd elk rifle, 16e rifle elk twice, 36 late archery deer unguided, 33 rifle deer guided and Rhodes Oryx guided.
Congrats Andy!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom