Results tomorrow

That'll be pretty sweet - if it works. Pardon me for being a little skeptical regarding any states attempt at improving their use of technology. Lets hope !

Good to all. Not to brag here but for once i have no anxiety about tommrrow. Applied for a nearly impossible deer tag and that's it. My focus is Rams then a montana deer hunt.

Here is how my weekend's are. Hot, have to pack in camp, deal with horses, deal with my dog that lost a paw pad, time with my Dad, mountain scenery and etc... life is rough

20210612_092208.jpg

Good to all. Not to brag here but for once i have no anxiety about tommrrow. Applied for a nearly impossible deer tag and that's it. My focus is Rams then a montana deer hunt.

Here is how my weekend's are. Hot, have to pack in camp, deal with horses, deal with my dog that lost a paw pad, time with my Dad, mountain scenery and etc... life is rough

View attachment 43745
A tough life nfh, but someone's gotta do it! Good luck on the sheep hunt, I hope to be in your shoes one day.

This thread should be busy tomorrow. Anyone want to talk about 90/10 before all the NRs start asking for secret spots?

View attachment 43745
Ok I see the horse for your dad and your horse, but where is double drops horse? Or do you two share a horse? And I meant shared as in riding. Get your mind out of the gutter!

Ok I see the horse for your dad and your horse, but where is double drops horse? Or do you two share a horse? And I meant shared as in riding. Get your mind out of the gutter!

3rd horse is on other side of trailer. Big ol Tennessee walker.

I just checked and it looks like 2nd year in a row with no Wyoming tags for me:cry:

Hope you guys have more luck drawing!!

Dang.....still have max deer points! 128-1 is a tough draw. I need to find a good archery mule deer hunt I can take Mrs. BOHNTR on instead of waiting for this late season hunt.

Dang.....still have max deer points! 128-1 is a tough draw. I need to find a good archery mule deer hunt I can take Mrs. BOHNTR on instead of waiting for this late season hunt.
Same here Bo, checking the odds report it looks like the number of applicants for the hunt double this year over last year. (Special draw)

The email link worked good. Was surprised to see the successful result in link. I thought we may be a point shy of being in the running for the lope unit we applied for.

Drew a decent buck antelope tag, 2 doe fawn antelope tags here by the house. General Deer and Elk for me...

Wife Drew a really good elk tag with our daughter near our house. But no lope tag at all and general deer.

Daughter Drew a doe antelope tag with mine, a good elk tag and will have general deer.

Can't wait. I have over 2 weeks off this fall end of September and 1st week of October plus all my weekends and can hunt everyday after work for 4h hours+

Drew Region D deer under special...no doe/antelope or buck antelope with 6 points for 48. At least we drew our for deer. Putting in special...does that take the 1 NR point I had going in?
If you drew it as first choice, it takes your points.

if it was your second choice you can still get a PP this year.

Drew a decent buck antelope tag, 2 doe fawn antelope tags here by the house. General Deer and Elk for me...

Wife Drew a really good elk tag with our daughter near our house. But no lope tag at all and general deer.

Daughter Drew a doe antelope tag with mine, a good elk tag and will have general deer.

Can't wait. I have over 2 weeks off this fall end of September and 1st week of October plus all my weekends and can hunt everyday after work for 4h hours+
Good drew for you ! Best of luck this fall!

I didn’t put in for Wyoming this year as I already have a full schedule but the area I usually put in for jumped 4 points in the special draw. ?

The odds are getting ridiculously bad in WY. Even easy to draw antelope hunts are becoming very difficult to draw. If they change to a 90-10 split, that may be the end of hunting in WY.

That’s not what I meant. I meant that for many NR, they won’t be able to hunt WY nearly as often as before. Even mediocre hunts could become once every 10 years.
Never heard of a mediocre hunt before.

That’s not what I meant. I meant that for many NR, they won’t be able to hunt WY nearly as often as before. Even mediocre hunts could become once every 10 years.
That's still better than waiting 15-30 to hunt $hitty units in ut!

Or a new beginning for residents
I just wish all western states treated each other equally, I don't care if it is 90/10 or 80/20 etc. they should all be the same percentage-wise and get F and G to stop playing shell games with us to just collect more money without giving out tags...JMO

90/10 won’t change much the overall numbers of non-resident antelope hunters if it were enacted. It would just mean more premium tags would go to residents. The same leftover pool would still be available for non-residents you would just have to change tactics on where you hunt and more cow, and doe tags. Almost 50% of all antelope tags are always purchased by non-residents and this will not change with 90/10, just the premium tag numbers.

90/10 won’t change much the overall numbers of non-resident antelope hunters if it were enacted. It would just mean more premium tags would go to residents. The same leftover pool would still be available for non-residents you would just have to change tactics on where you hunt and more cow, and doe tags. Almost 50% of all antelope tags are always purchased by non-residents and this will not change with 90/10, just the premium tag numbers.
Please cite your sources next time because we know you have no thoughts of your own.

Passed on putting in for deer and antelope this year. Will just buy points. Too many other hunts. Muzzy general deer and elk in Utah. Wyoming 100 elk for son and a great 3rd season deer tag in Colorado for the wife. Going to be a full, fun fall. :) (y)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom