Results

Well SS with my long legs they will end up being shorts on me but if they are lucky i cant argue the success you have.

And wytex i got area 3
long legs? You calling me short? 6' tall sheepfocker. How tall are you?

Well SS with my long legs they will end up being shorts on me but if they are lucky i cant argue the success you have.

And wytex i got area 3
Congratulations did you draw area 3 as a nr or res ? Max points ?

Congratulations to those that drew. Nothing here for Wyoming, but still other states to come. Hopefully all my tag drawing luck was not used up last year.

Congrats to the winners!

Do we have a math/stats genius on here anymore who can analyze the data and tell us if you have x points you should draw in x years based on attrition? I would love to know if there is a realistic possibility of this happening before I turn into ash.

Congrats to the winners!

Do we have a math/stats genius on here anymore who can analyze the data and tell us if you have x points you should draw in x years based on attrition? I would love to know if there is a realistic possibility of this happening before I turn into ash.

Luck!!!!! Personally i look at all previous years of draw odds to base it off that. But its still tough to know. Hard to predict people that have more points and eventually get sick of applying a hard unit and decide to try a different area that takes less then you get kicked out. I was 100 percent sure i would draw this year but still had a fear of not drawing. For moose i currently have 20 points. I guarantee i am still 8-10 years before I draw. Playing that darn point creep game. I could apply for other areas and already have a tag but i am to focused on one area.

I sure some pros here have a better answer

Congrats to the winners!

That was "HornedToad" I think, and it seems he dropped off of this site about 3 years ago. Too bad, 'cause his detailed analysis was always great.

Congrats to the winners!

It is a bit harder to tell until we see who purchases points this year. Also this was the first year where random entries didn't require a point purchase. I expect more people will drop out but there will still be a log jam at the top.

@nfh now that you got a sheep tag you need to know a few things.

1) After you kill your ram every friday, and I do mean every friday is now Full Curl Friday

2) For the above you need to have facebook or instagram. Probably both. I mean if you kill a ram and its not posted on social media did it really happen?

3) Get your KUIU ordered now. All sheep hunters wear KUIU. If you want to be a rebel check out stone glacier.

4) Don't forget that sheep hunting is all about pecker measuring. when you kill your ram don't forget the .5 Thats right. Whatever the age is you add .5 8 year old ram? No silly, its 8.5.

5) Don't forget to get your <1 shirt from Wild Sheep Foundation. Then remember to take tape with you so you can X it out upon killing the ram. This is very important. Don't go half ass with the cheap tape home depot. Get super 88 tape. It may be cold. Super 33 tape if you're on a budget.

6) Acronyms. Use them. Gotta let them know this was a DIY OIL OYOA (old school) public land hunt.

7) Don't forget the picture of the notched tag on the rams horns

8) Another photo you gotta take is the one staring at the ram. Like into its eyes kind of chit. This is important for number 9.

9) Let everyone know how spiritual the journey to killing your ram was. If you haven't found God yet in your life, well buckle down @nfh because you're about to.

10) Sheep meat is the best meat. Even if you think its not you gotta tell everyone it is. Its a classy way to look down on people that have never killed a sheep. Regardless that 99.99% of people couldn't tell sheep from elk meat thats not the point Michael.

Thats all. pretty much the 10 commandments of sheep hunting. This is some class IV stuff!

1) After you kill your ram every friday, and I do mean every friday is now Full Curl Friday

2) For the above you need to have facebook or instagram. Probably both. I mean if you kill a ram and its not posted on social media did it really happen?

3) Get your KUIU ordered now. All sheep hunters wear KUIU. If you want to be a rebel check out stone glacier.

4) Don't forget that sheep hunting is all about pecker measuring. when you kill your ram don't forget the .5 Thats right. Whatever the age is you add .5 8 year old ram? No silly, its 8.5.

5) Don't forget to get your <1 shirt from Wild Sheep Foundation. Then remember to take tape with you so you can X it out upon killing the ram. This is very important. Don't go half ass with the cheap tape home depot. Get super 88 tape. It may be cold. Super 33 tape if you're on a budget.

6) Acronyms. Use them. Gotta let them know this was a DIY OIL OYOA (old school) public land hunt.

8) Another photo you gotta take is the one staring at the ram. Like into its eyes kind of chit. This is important for number 9.

9) Let everyone know how spiritual the journey to killing your ram was. If you haven't found God yet in your life, well buckle down @nfh because you're about to.

10) Sheep meat is the best meat. Even if you think its not you gotta tell everyone it is. Its a classy way to look down on people that have never killed a sheep. Regardless that 99.99% of people couldn't tell sheep from elk meat thats not the point Michael.

Thats all. pretty much the 10 commandments of sheep hunting. This is some class IV stuff!

Well put. Class 4 is the the most important rule. I will have to disagree with on a few things. I only wear camo when i archery hunt and it isn't a huge brand name. Good suggestion on the tape. I better order some 88. I carry a lot of jap wrap at work.

Now i do need help with shoes. The horses get some toe heel. But i need some suggestions for myself. Dont think my keens will hold up. Sorry guys I don't buy big brand names. And sorry SS I will be wearing my FR ariat pants. Them suckers hold up. Now does my .300 win mag have approval? What about my vortex spotting scope? Why buy a 3 grand spotting scope when a 1000 dollar spotting scope serves the same purpose?

I am looking up to ya here SS. You have more sheep experience then i do. I guess you are my higher power!!!! Hows that for spiritual?

Well put. Class 4 is the the most important rule. I will have to disagree with on a few things. I only wear camo when i archery hunt and it isn't a huge brand name. Good suggestion on the tape. I better order some 88. I carry a lot of jap wrap at work.

Now i do need help with shoes. The horses get some toe heel. But i need some suggestions for myself. Dont think my keens will hold up. Sorry guys I don't buy big brand names. And sorry SS I will be wearing my FR ariat pants. Them suckers hold up. Now does my .300 win mag have approval? What about my vortex spotting scope? Why buy a 3 grand spotting scope when a 1000 dollar spotting scope serves the same purpose?

I am looking up to ya here SS. You have more sheep experience then i do. I guess you are my higher power!!!! Hows that for spiritual?
I’m a little biased in I wear lowa Tibet’s 365 days a year. They are pricey though. I would say for lower 48 sheep hunting any boot will work fine that you already wear.

FR pants are not a bad idea. If you drink too much around the campfire your legs might not get burned. Been there!

Im all about cheap when it comes to gear. Vortex is fine. I just don’t buy vortex because of my distaste for anything Utah haha.

hopefully you will feel the pain of packing one...to your horse. This sucker came out 19 miles as the crow flies. damn sheep didn’t have a chance with my camo setup...

BFA3C757-EF8A-49E6-932C-C96909317833.jpeg

got the lucky wyo hat on too

I wish I would have known about these a few years ago!

Guess I did not get the "full sheep hunting experience".

ClearCreek

Just was thinking. I hope none of you WY guys hold it against me that I drew one of the NR tags out of the premium tag pool. I realize there was a discussion on here recently about the tag allocations being generous to NR’s. I am very thankful to have this opportunity and will enjoy every minute of the pre hunt planning right into the hunt itself. I’m already enjoying the bliss of this offering.

Congrats on your tag draw. Don’t let the pressure of finding the biggest ram in the unit get to you, it almost did me. But, I think I found the biggest ram in the unit. ?:cool:;)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom