Retire of Not

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
Elk wrote a Post about a Good Work Boot.

This made me ponder HOW MANY ( 1 Posters to 20,000+ Posts ) of "US" are "NOT" required to report to ANY WORK on any Tomorrow VERSES those in Campfire who DO & MUST Show up at any job USA.

Come One, Come all to the Post Extravaganza of: "I Work cuz I must Verses I have No Work to need to report to.

Guy's and Gal's... I should not have written the word (VERSES). This is not a we vs them. It is a RELAXED Jovial open ended post where you can sing aloud about your Position In Life. We are all born then later, Die. So... As I mentioned... there is No Winning Side. This is Friendly Campfire.

Jagerdad :)

I'm one of the Not So Lucky Ones!

What's the Holiday tomorrow?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Been retired for a year and a half now.....love it. I answer to no one.....well except Mrs. BOHNTR at times. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Retired 4 years. Every day is Saturday :). I'm so lazy now there is no way I could hold down a real job.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Been retired about 6 months. Doing a little more fishing, playing with granddaughter, riding my horses. Only ?work? a day or two a week pulling a trailer 300 mile round trip for some extra hunting and fishing $$$. Really enjoying not having to report to shop every day!!

No work boots for me. I've been retired 5 years now. My internal alarm clock still goes off at 4:30 every morning, but now I don't care. People asked me what I was going to do when I retire? My answer was, it's what I'm NOT going to do that matters. I haven't regretted a single day.

Ive been retired from the Navy for about 13 years, nearly 14. I retired from DoD about 2 years ago. No more.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Work work work , and more work ! Sometimes don't get home for days at a time , really putting a damper on my hunting !!!!

Retired the end of August. So far I have no complaints.
I really worried before I did about what I was going to do with myself if I didn't have to go to work. And I really did enjoy my job.
This hunting and fishing almost non stop is wearing me down some. :)

I retired about a year and a half ago and honestly it has been great.

I now hunt and fish during the week when a lot of others are working.

Like has been said above, people asked me what I was going to do when I retired and my answer was, "Whatever I want to."

I was talking to a friend over the weekend that is going to retire in a couple years and he told me he has been told, "don't give up time for money".

ClearCreek

Work 70 to 80 hours a week 9 and a half months a year. To pay for 2 and a half months of hunting and being a general vagabond in the fall... I really need to get that switched...

Retired the end of Last August 2018.
So far I have no complaints all the time I need to do what ever I want to.
Don?t care what day it is or what time it is unless I have an appointment for something love it

Used to work hard...for the last 20 years Iv'e played hard..getting to the point where I hardly play..

11 months to go but actually retiring is still a pipe dream. There is no shame in working hard and long either. I'm a big believer in living with a purpose. Whether it be making a living, volunteering time, or any other act of selfless service.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have managed a 10% 401k growth for 10 years now of 14 where I work. I still need to work until 65 or 66 to pay off house then let er rip. Who knows how the country will do after 2020. Looking forward to retire if I can stay healthy. I've had almost 11 months now of good health.

>its Friday,,,,, for a little over
>a year now everyday is
>Friday,,, if you can afford
>to retire do it,,,, period
>

I agree!

To answer your question, what does it take to retire. First off you need to figure out what your retirement income will be. Then you have to look at what monthly expenses you have. Is your house paid for? Are your kids on there own and not dependent on you for money. Do you qualify for Medicare, or have health insurance. These are all question you need to answer.

Charles Darwin:
Father of the theory of Evolution; Suggested that natural selection is the mechanism by which species evolve over geologic time.

I've been retired for 6 years. This summer I went to a birthday get together for one of my coworkers. There were a bunch of the old crew there. Several of them said I look better and younger now than when I was working. Nope, no regrets. I get a lot more exercise, weigh less, and have a lot more fun. But I spent 40+ years getting my ducks in a row so I could.

Answer the Birthday Song # ='s " How Old Are You Now... How Old Are You Now..."

Age of Eels retirement is: _________

Age of Ancient Eel Now: ____________

Happiness of Eel Now: ______________

Who said No Picture ='s it didn't happen. So Eel, POST Pictures of your Fish/Crab's within the Freezer and, Many more Pictures of everything that makes You Joyful. However, fill in the above boxes or, you are not real, you're a Russian/Chinese Hacker.

PS: A Posted Picture of MRS Eel get's you Points for Elk to Take you Hunting. Such deadly Points are worth the Risk.

Jagerdad :)

Retired at 47, however I knew I would need to go back to work for health insurance. Doubled my income and now I'm in a no stress job. Wish I could retire for real, but in reality I like having fun toys too much to pull the plug for real.

Jager, my digital camera died when I took a wave in the kayak last summer. I have a camera on my flip phone but no idea how to share. Everyone tells me I need to buy a $500-$1000 phone and spend $50/month to use it. I think the GPS could come in handy when I can't remember how to get to the grocery store.

Life has passed me by.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-19 AT 03:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-19 AT 03:04?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-19 AT 03:02?PM (MST)

Retired May 1st 2017 after 36 years with a major oil company. Hunt and fish when I want to and play with the grandkid the rest of the time. Photo from a couple months ago.

73464thumbnail.jpeg

I didn't expect to have to fight Sasquatch for my buck!

Is there a Chance "I" could be your Dependent and Move in with YOU...????

Unlike many Monster Muleys, "I NEVER" FART. I'm House and HOME Broke. Please ? :)

Looks like I have the retirement time on most of you guys. In 2003 wife told me the house was paid for, no credit card bills and you can pull the pin after 30 years on the job. Within the week I notified the Sheriff I am out of here.
Now to keep busy I just make knives part time to prevent boredom from sitting in and only put in the hours in the shop that I want to put in.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom