Retirement and PP question.

Yep a lot of folks on here have done just that. Move out of state build your points and then move back. But just make sure you really make the move . Some have tried to get a Utah address put in as a resident. The Dnr is watching for that ! There was a article in the DNR magazine about them investigating just that. I really didn't think people would try it. But I guess they do. Even resident putting in for nonresident tags. So they can put in for every species.

I'm 55yo and will work at least 5-7 more years full time, then I thought about getting a motorhome and setting up out west, work a little to cover living expenses while retirement keeps building, base out of Utah and travel around with the wife a good deal during the off season. I currently have 22 DS points and 21 elk, so this is giving me a lot to look forward to.

Yep a lot of folks on here have done just that. Move out of state build your points and then move back. But just make sure you really make the move . Some have tried to get a Utah address put in as a resident. The Dnr is watching for that ! There was a article in the DNR magazine about them investigating just that. I really didn't think people would try it. But I guess they do. Even resident putting in for nonresident tags. So they can put in for every species.
Id love to work in kanab or stgeorge but live in fredonia haha

I find it funny how many guys/families move back though. Must not be that bad here vs where ever the (H) they moved too ?
Trust me the only way I move back is if I'm 100% on a buff tag and I would be moved back out before the hunt even started!

I know of 2 guys that got caught that had their hunting rights suspended for a few years just for that.

Hey Bud, just give them a call and get all the Facts correctly and go from there---801-538-4700

I hope all is well,

Robb

I guess some of us have move mutli-time to use up all the different states that we would have max points in.

Yes, your points shift once residency is established. Just like resident points become non-resident once you lose residency here.

I'd be very careful trying to play a residency game, though. They are wise to the games people have played, and some people have got absolutely hammered trying to game the system on this one the last few years.

"Resident means a person who has a domicile (fixed permanent home and principal establishment) in Utah for six consecutive months immediately preceding the purchase of a license or permit, AND DOES NOT claim residency for hunting, fishing or trapping in any other state or country."

I wouldn't want to try the RV game, in order to use your points. Might be costly!!

Yes, your points shift once residency is established. Just like resident points become non-resident once you lose residency here.

I'd be very careful trying to play a residency game, though. They are wise to the games people have played, and some people have got absolutely hammered trying to game the system on this one the last few years.

Yep. If you move to UT it has to be for a reason other than a "special purpose" as in the resident hunt charade.

Best thing to do is move, buy a NR fishing license and perhaps NR hunting license for NR points in year one, then in year two you go the resident route. Difficult to prove you had an ulterior motive.

Year two you will have demonstrated residency with a UT drivers license, insurance and registration, address, and voter registration.

"Yep. If you move to UT it has to be for a reason other than a "special purpose" as in the resident hunt charade."

Lmfao is this a ut fish and game law?

I believe it is.
(iii) in which the individual, and the individual's family voluntarily reside, not for a special or temporary purpose, but with the intention of making a permanent home.

I don't know how they can argue what your true intent is.
People are allowed to change their minds about where they want to live.

"Yep. If you move to UT it has to be for a reason other than a "special purpose" as in the resident hunt charade."

Lmfao is this a ut fish and game law?

Yeah, it is. Thanks Mbogo for posting it. I assumed anyone who hunts reads the game laws, guess not.

My bad, "LMFAO"...

Well im here to tell you one day i will move there only to draw the tag!
Last time I checked we lived in a free country and i will move whenever the hell i want! If I have to stay till after the hunt then move away so be it! Let them try to come after me lmfao!

Last time I checked we lived in a free country and i will move whenever the hell i want! If I have to stay till after the hunt then move away so be it! Let them try to come after me lmfao!
We might not be living in a free country by the time you draw lol ?

I had never heard of the "special or temporary purpose" wording until Altimus got popped a couple of years ago.

Documenting for future purposes to prove intent. :)

Go for it I will get a drivers license and a job yes do it all legally! If I draw and kill a buffalo it doesn't legally bind me to stay living in ut THEY CANT STOP SOMEONE FROM MOVING! This is still America i will move wherever whenever I want!
Go ahead show the fish and game this post.

Relax hornkiller, it was just a joke. Despite what some would have you believe today, it is actually possible to go throughout a day without a chip on your shoulder constantly and giving everyone the middle finger.

No reason to be so serious. It's just an online hunting forum.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom