Returned Tags on Sale Aug. 5

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Returned big game tags offer more hunting opportunity
and are on sale Aug. 5

Idaho Fish and Game will sell primarily returned nonresident, general-season big game tags starting at 10 a.m. MDT on Aug. 5. If a nonresident does not have a deer or elk tag, then the nonresident may be able to purchase a first tag and possibly a second tag during this sale. Residents can purchase a tag from the nonresident quota as a second tag. Nonresident limits for uncapped elk zones and deer units do not apply to nonresident tags purchased by residents, so available deer tags can be used statewide and available elk tags can be purchased for any uncapped elk zone.

Full story: https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/returned-big-game-tags-offer-more-hunting-opportunity-and-are-sale-aug-5

Well MO is a resident now, he’d like for people to run things past him, he’s ok if you hunt as a non resident, but he’s not going to appreciate you bringing family or friends.

Actually yes. You'd be surprised at the number of people who don't know about it and now, with increasing people moving here and searching this and other forums for info on their new state of residence, I guarantee you there are many who were previously unaware that will now be in the mix.
im pretty sure its not a secret. in fact im pretty sure since i bought a tag this year they sent me an email telling me about this. im betting im not the only one who got that email. but maybe

Did these tags primarily come from returned tags or was un used outfitter quota have something to do with it as well, I’m just surprised on how many deer tags are available

Last year they dumped leftover deer tags from the outfitter pool before August 1st and nonresident bought them. This year they held them with elk tags.

?

076373F5-54E7-4083-9E4C-E18DB84E883C.png

Like I'm fond of telling people - "I wasn't born in Idaho, but I got here as fast as I could". I've lived a lot of places, and this has been the best!!

Once again, just like a libtard, using something completely unrelated to try and prove your point. Just what point are you trying to prove, because you failed miserably as usual? Like I said and allow me to say it again because you've proven reading comprehension is not your strong suit, I was born in Idaho and have lived in several states for work over the years. Just because I lived in CA for a short time does not make me a Californian, any more than being born in Idaho makes me an Idahoan or living in WA makes me a Washingtonian. The fact that I live in Idaho now and have had for many yrs is enough. But apparently not enough for your simple mind as it is actually completely unrelated to this thread. Keep trying though, Utard.

Like what? A ridiculous PSA for every state just because I like to see myself write??

hurtfeeling.gif

After I read some more of your messages here, it appears you enjoy acting the part of a dickhead. Maybe you should put a condom over your head so everyone knows that from the start.

I'm sure you'll want the last word, so have at it. I have better things to do with my time than waste it on a certified idiot.

In the meantime remember -- only you can prevent seeing a stupid a$$ in the mirror.

Last edited:
View attachment 48354

After I read some more of your messages here, it appears you enjoy acting the part of a dickhead. Maybe you should put a condom over your head so everyone knows that from the start.

I'm sure you'll want the last word, so have at it. I have better things to do with my time than waste it on a certified idiot.

In the meantime remember -- only you can prevent seeing a stupid a$$ in the mirror.
Awwww. It appears you're butt-hurt. So sorry.

Everyone needs to spend more time scouting and soon hunting instead of arguing on the internet.
It is kind of sad the effort we put in to pick up a mediocre tag that was so easy to get just a few years ago.
Good luck to everyone that will try for tags tomorrow.

+1 BrianID. Tags are tougher every year. It's causing more fighting amongst us. Luckily were weeks away from open spaces and not open forums

Everyone needs to spend more time scouting and soon hunting instead of arguing on the internet.
It is kind of sad the effort we put in to pick up a mediocre tag that was so easy to get just a few years ago.
Good luck to everyone that will try for tags tomorrow.

+1
The arguing and name calling is getting old. No content to the posts just bickering, sarcasm.

Founder needs to take action and remove people that don't contribute to the forum in a positive way. They seem to have some form of self importance, probably not potty trained until the 4th. grade!

Best part is, only two or three posts relative to the topic of the OP but its still at the top.....

If you didn't like the original thread, and you just let it go.....it would be down the page in no time.

well those went fast. deer anyway. had one in my cart then it was gone. i dont really have tome for it anyway this year. looked like a lot of elk tags were left to choose from still

Stood in line for my buddy. Ended up not getting his transfer done so hoping somebody may need the B tag. Told my friend he cost me $300 because I ended up buying a second deer tag.

Went smooth I was 1383 in line and got second deer and elk I only have to work 5 days on October so I'll be getting after it

I was 609 and my tags were gone when I got on. Oh well, that'll give me more time to concentrate on my draw deer hunt.

When I got the elk tag it said 1500 were available so that tells me residents could have got the capped and uncapped leftovers. I counted 3900 general tags before it started and the instructions clearly said any of those would be statewide for residents. I just wasn't sure about uncapped and capped. If you tried to get a tag as a resident you should have been able to. It was nonresident who came up short. Would imagine they will have to do something different with outfitter cap. Most of second tags for residents would have been price locked so they left some money on the table.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom