Ribs

B

bucklover

This year I decided to cook up some deer ribs. After trimming off all the fatty layers, where there was only the ribs and meat on the ribs left, I cut the rib cage into sections about 7 or 8 long, and about the same in width. I placed them in my pressure cooker for 25 minutes, with a little water. I then took them out and put them on the grill, and basted (painted) them with a mixture of Dave's Devil Spit BB, Brown Sugar and Hickory BB, and a Sweet and Savory BB. I also added in some olive oil. I cooked them on the grill, until they were nicely edged and carmelized up. I gotta tell you, they were as tender and tasty as any ribs I've had in a restaurant. Now I am mourning over all those ribs I didn't take full advantage of, over the years. Next up...some elk ribs..if I can get one close enough to the road to save them. :)

If I kill close to the road (rarely) I take em home. I leave the fat on, crock pot em till they're ready to fall apart (probably the same effect as the pressure cooker) gently put em in the smoker for a light smoke then onto the grill with a little bbq sauce. Totally agree, about as good as any pork ribs from excellent bbq restaurants. I think about all those whities we drug out whole as a kid and never ate a rib.....damn!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom