Rifle build

Lhedrick1

Not really a build but more of a long term upgrade lol.

I have a Weatherby Mark V in .300 Weatherby. I would like to get an AG Composite stock (if they can even do in letting for a Mark V action), Glass bedded/accurized and a muzzle brake (APA LIL BASTARD GEN 2?).

Later on down the road, possibly a new barrel from Hart, Krieger, etc. in 300 Roy or possibly 300 Win Mag.

Any suggestions on a gunsmith that could do all of the above (minus the new barrel, that may or may not happen).

Also, dumb question....if I get this rifle all done and put together, does the entire thing need re-glass bedded if/when I decide to rebarrel? And is it even possible to add/remove the bedding compound to ensure a good fit for the new barrel?

I can't give any help on a Smith to use.
But I can say you may want to consider a rechamber to a cartridge that is the same (30 Cal.) As yours, instead of a new barrel.
But if you do rebarrel, then the bedding will likely need to be redone around the Barrell area.
But maybe not. That you won't know till you try the fit.
A .300 PRC may be a good option. Especially if you go for a rechamber.
That is something any good Smith could do alot cheaper than a whole new barrel.
But that's only an option if your barrel was accurate as it is.

Good point. Never gave it a thought to use the exsiting barrel and just rechamber. Since it's a .300 Weatherby now, I am thinking of leaving the barrel and shooting it until I shoot the rifling out in 1000 rounds or so. Then maybe try a barrel.

Give Kevin Weaver a call in Peyton, Colorado.
Just type in ?Weaver Rifles?
On the net and check out his website!
Good all around Smith and awesome custom rifle builder.
Tell him Richard from NM referred him!
Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom