Rifle Elk Unit 54

AGR

For the first time in my fathers life, he is 68 next month. He drew a great tag in Idaho’s unit 54 for rifle elk. He lives in Idaho but I am a mobile welder and sadly I haven’t been hunting in Idaho for years. We have begun to start scouting and was wondering if anyone may be able to point me in the right direction. Not looking for honey holes just somewhere where it may help him
in seeing some elk. We have started to see some around deadline but was wondering if anyone may have more ideas on where to look.
Thanks

Consider Deadline Outfitters, that is the toughest hunt for a big elk...archery and muzzy are better.

In that case during rifle season they can move between the state borders. For rifle I wouldn't pass a good 300+ bull that looked good to ya.

We have gone scouting and seen a few that fit that mold and made my dad happy just wanted to see if any one had some other insight

If you take the fall off and put in your time, you and your Dad will do just fine. A good friend of mine who is your fathers age killed one of the biggest bulls in Idaho last year. He turned down a handful of bulls on his journey but he spent a lot of time in the unit

If you take the fall off and put in your time, you and your Dad will do just fine. A good friend of mine who is your fathers age killed one of the biggest bulls in Idaho last year. He turned down a handful of bulls on his journey but he spent a lot of time in the unit
Any pics?

I hunted 54 twice for elk and it is a awesome unit with some huge bulls! deadline ridge is where I would start and fawn springs.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom