Rifle scope recommendations

JP

I’m currently in the market for a new scope for my 7mm rem mag for mule deer and elk. Any recommendations? FFP or SFP? MOA or MRAD? I’m looking for something easy to use, out to 600 yards.
Interested in Vortex and Leupold, here are some models I’m looking at:
Leupold VX 5HD 4-20x52 CDS ZL2
Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50
Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50
Thanks in advance for any help u could provide.

Looked at Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski. Talked with gunsmith and 9 out of 10 he had in for repair were Leupold. Went with this 4x16x44.
DACBDD6E-CCC0-4968-996B-F7EA4BA3E38C.jpeg

I have a VX5 HD 2-10X42 Firedot. It's by far the best scope I've ever owned. My budget was around a thousand bucks and I wanted a hunting scope without a lot of tactical features. No target turrets, no MOA or MRAD reticles, etc. I just wanted the best glass I could get within budget minus unnecessary features. I'm completely satisfied with my choice. The light gathering capability and clarity are superb. I assume the glass is the same for the higher magnification VX5's like you are considering (plus a few features). I'd buy one again in a second.

Thanks for your recommendations guys! Zeiss Conquest is really nice but I think it has too many tactical features. I like the simplicity of the Leupold. I’m leaning towards the
VX-5HD CDS-ZL2 3-15x44 fire dot duplex.
Any body have this setup? Any recommendations on other reticle options?
Thanks

Thanks for your recommendations guys! Zeiss Conquest is really nice but I think it has too many tactical features. I like the simplicity of the Leupold. I’m leaning towards the
VX-5HD CDS-ZL2 3-15x44 fire dot duplex.
Any body have this setup? Any recommendations on other reticle options?
Thanks
Check the classifieds here on Monster Muleys; there is a VX5 that was just listed.

I like my viper pst gen 2 on my 7mm rem mag but its a 3-15. I didn't want to upsize to the 5-25 cause to much zoom you can loose sight of reading heat waves at longer distance with a bigger zoom. But it's all about what works for you. No complaints. Works for me

Have a few of what you mentioned above, seems like I like 3/4 power on the low end and 15-18 on the high end of power. I think 3-15 or 3-18 may be the perfect scope. My leupold 3-15 is my favorite though. 4-16 viper and 4-14 leupold lrp are seconds. I have Zeiss and Burris on other rifles they are nice, I would look at the trijicon 10mile scopes as well. There are some 3-18 and 3-15 on sale under a grand usually

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom