Rifles Ready

Wyo_Roadhunter

Sounds like the rifle is about ready to get picked up! Now if my suppressor would ever get out of prison we'd be ready to go!

FB_IMG_1681491220110.jpg

FB_IMG_1681492051072.jpg

Nice.
What’s the specs?
It's a 300 WSM, built on a Remington 700 action, stockys VG2 stock, and proof barrel. Haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. The picture is the the 11,12,13 and 14th shot out of it while I was breaking it in. Same load I had come up with for it before I had it re done.

20230414_201525.jpg

Cool stock :sick:

Just poking ya. To each their own. Haven’t heard a 300 short mag even mentioned in years. It’ll do the trick for sure but why’d you go with that?

That’s debatable. The short mag craze was a while ago. I still think they’re a fun cartridge but a lot of them have certainly fell by the way side. Remember the super shorts? When’s the last time you saw one of those game changers?

Cool stock :sick:

Just poking ya. To each their own. Haven’t heard a 300 short mag even mentioned in years. It’ll do the trick for sure but why’d you go with that?

I remember a buddy buying a 270 wsm when they 1st came out and I thought it was the coolest looking casing haha (i was 10 ?) I always wanted one so I had this gun built originally in 2015 and have been swapping stuff on it until this time I had it completely re done. I also have a 270 wsm. Haha I can take the heckling. The deer on the gun is far left buck and 3rd from the left buck

20230415_194000.jpg

There was buzz when WSM’s fist came out, then the shine wore off. But lately, the .300 wsm has seen quite a resurgence in appeal. Driven by the long range craze. The new 1000 yd world record was recently won with a .300wsm.

Haha I wish but it's not going with me ?. Debating on taking my bow but about to bag that idea too and just use the gun there haha.
Well that's too bad. I always think seeing your own rig perform is much more fun than someone else's. But I also understand the transport hassle.
Nobody would second guess you putting together a 300 WM and the WSM is every bit as good. My 300WSM was my go to rifle for over a decade and it took 3 of my 4 sheep, along with lots of other stuff. I think it's a great cartridge choice!
Have a great time. Real excited for you guys. (and your new/old rifle)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom