Rings and Base ? please help

M

manny15

Rings and Base ? please help

I need help, I'm trying to get some input on the sturdiest base'& ring set up out there, I'm putting on my new sendero a leupold M-4 tactical, but I've heard there's better set up then the standard leupold base and rings is this true..?..If so what would you suggest? even if I gotta spend a couple hun on 'em ...please let me know...I'd hate to spend alotta money on a scope and have movment anyways..?..

thanks Manny

RE: Rings and Base ? please help

LAST EDITED ON Jul-02-05 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]I have a .300 Ultra Mag with a Swarovski on it and put the standard leupold high mount bases and rings on it. Well it was fine for shooting at the range, and killed one deer. Went on a doe hunt and missed an east shot at about 200 yards. Couldn't figure it out. Well the base had broken and the scope had slid forward about 1/4". I purchased Talley mounts and rings after that. They cost me a little over $150 I do believe. It's been two years and about 300 rounds through the gun and no sliding. Talleys.
Jason "The Big Ol' Muley"

If your looking for bomb proof base and rings, and willing to spend the cash, go with Badger Ordnance base and rings.
They ain't cheap, or light, but they are SOLID!!
http://www.badgerordnance.com/

Kirby

When in doubt, floor it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you find a big stick.

I would agree with bigolmuley, but I also have a 300 RUM with about 500 rounds through it, and the Leupold mounts have held up fine. I probably would have bought Talley mounts, but finances said Leupold. My scope was mounted by a good smith with loktite. I might even put another 100 rounds through it this summer. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom