RIP Eddy Van Halen

Saw ou812 tour van Hagar tampa FL. Awesome show.

Attachments

• 20201006_195006.jpg
    20201006_195006.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 73
Both Hagar and Halen were great. Sammy wasn't a Diva like Diamond Davs so I liked Sammy better for personality. I saw Montrose in 1971 with Santana and Buddy Miles. From then on I always liked Sammy. I was only 13 in 1971.

He sure could use that guitar one of the best for sure he will be missed. He probably lead a life none of us could fathom rock stars are like dog years so that boy lived a long time.

A little side note to Eddie's family. When I saw them at SLC there was a point when Eddie said I want Wolfgang my son to come up and play. After Wolfvang played I was looking at a lady stand up 6 rows down from me. She hugged a guy as he got to the seat next to her. It was Valerie and Eddie. She wasn't with Eddie by then but they were all there that night. She had a few pounds on but looked really nice just like an ordinary Mom.

Dave and Sammy were very lucky to play with Ed!
I liked Van Halen but I really liked Van Hagar! The combination of two great artist like Ed and Sam was Priceless!

joe

They hated each other. Or atleast there was some hard-core animosity between the two. Towards the end of the Van Hagar era, they didn't speak to each other or even interact until they went on stage. Was really bizarre. Separate planes, separate hotel rooms, separate back stage rooms etc.

They hated each other. Or atleast there was some hard-core animosity between the two. Towards the end of the Van Hagar era, they didn't speak to each other or even interact until they went on stage. Was really bizarre. Separate planes, separate hotel rooms, separate back stage rooms etc.
Yeah, an ex of mine knows Sammy very well and he would call her and say the tension on that tour was making him ill! Sammy and the guys were such great friends and a great band. I think they opened that reunion tour with two nights in St Louis and Edward‘s guitar solo the first night was (I hate say) just awful! He said at the end of it that “oh sorry I played 13 minutes instead of 10 I hope you all didn’t mined” and I think that was the best applause he received for his solo. Sammy‘s second home is St Louis so the next day when being interviewed on KSHE he was asked about Edwards playing and guitar solo Sam had to agree with the DJ that it wasn’t very good but still tried to put a good spin on it. Saying there so many notes he’s having to play etc etc,. Anyway when the VH brothers heard Sammy said that it went to Hell in a Handbag! It started out bad in the negotiations for the tour with Sammy not being allowed to advertise, mention or sell merchandise that has anything to do with Cabo Wabo! Sam was still confident that once they got on the road all would be good the great memories would rise to the top and take over and the friendships would be repaired but that interview sunk the entire tour and it just got worst! The show was so bad and the solo even worst that even Mrs Sikora said this is awful I agreed so we left!

joe

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom