Road tally 02-08-2023

All we can do is hope.these organizations know what needs to be done.. They just need to turn loose of the cash

Expo day there was a ton of elk hit right after you make the bend at the dam at echo. Deer smashed all over from kemmerer to evanston.

They were all pushed onto the road by shed hunters!
Negative! Shed hunters are denying all responsibility right now. Allegedly, they are reporting snowmobiles, cow elk hunters, rabbit hunters and hikers as those responsible for running the wildlife to death and possibly, committing suicide from all the harassment they’ve endured this winter.

Negative! Shed hunters are denying all responsibility right now. Allegedly, they are reporting snowmobiles, cow elk hunters, rabbit hunters and hikers as those responsible for running the wildlife to death and possibly, committing suicide from all the harassment they’ve endured this winter.
There hasn't been many shed hunters out and about looking for horns at this point in time. So if they have already been pushed around at this point how was it shed hunters that did it?

Hwy 6 is a slaughter house in the low country. Deer, Elk and surprisingly Turkeys are dead everywhere. Doubt you go 200 yards between carcasses or chunks of whats left.

I wonder how many expo attendees traveling to and from the expo took out big game or a turkey.
Hope it was worth it.

There hasn't been many shed hunters out and about looking for horns at this point in time. So if they have already been pushed around at this point how was it shed hunters that did it?
You really struggle with understanding sarcasm, don’t you?

Building fences/overpasses should be top priority this summer. Hwy 6 is a no brainer.

Echo to Evanston is also no brainer, although I’d argue the huge cwmu’s that own all that country on both sides of the road and profit from the game that the public has just about zero access to should cover that bill.

Meanwhile, our hwy 491 was closed due to a semi elk mass casualty event. I heard they were stacking them with a front end loader.

About a mile from the overhead message board warning motorists of wildlife on the road.

These f’n truckers are a public menace. :mad:

Meanwhile, our hwy 491 was closed due to a semi elk mass casualty event. I heard they were stacking them with a front end loader.

About a mile from the overhead message board warning motorists of wildlife on the road.

That's no kidding, any highway that has heavy semi traffic needs game fences and overpass crossings.

I have to update my post….it was a cattle truck hauling 43 now dead cattle. I think that makes it better?

Where is 491 at?

Don't be to hard on Truckers there just doing there job! Best solutions I see is fence overpass and drop speed limits way down on areas and seasons like this ( and heavily enforce it!! a semi at 55 can't stop quick if a deer or elk jumps out in front of them but up by echo for 5 to 10 miles 30 mph would be a huge difference and would not effect much in travel times for most.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom