Roadkill bulls

pounder

Flash back to 2017 on 9/11 when this bull screaming at another earlier the day before with 6 cows then gets struck on I-15 Utah in Lehi. Wish I still had the pics with it loaded up on the semi truck dropped off at the UDOT shed.
6F93FE08-35C1-46D9-8013-AC8932FDFB6B.jpeg
D7ABA35A-F9A3-4AC6-8D5C-674E453F949D.jpeg
7801A2BE-084D-41E3-8917-C98E5872ED55.png

Let’s give the love sick bulls some love that ended in a crash and burn.

Yeah, this big old boy lived in the Micron property for years and years and got huge. Since I live near there I would drive over and look at him. It is amazing to me how he stayed there for so many years and then finally one September day he must have got wind of a hot cow and he was out of there running all over town. It was nice to have a local zoo to look at him for a while though.

I remember when that all went down. It was just up the road from my place
The bull lived on Kings-X and got big and then made the lustful walk-about on the high speed raceway and met his demise.
I love a good paved road (I-15) but it's hard on our wildlife.
89 and 6 are the real game killers but yet we worry about a guy who can shoot one (1), every 3-4 years, out to 500 yards! That's weird!

Zeke

There was another Micron bull hit on the freeway by the old block plant around that same year but it was in January I believe.
I think this bull was his little brother.
He was a perfect straight 6 with about 12” kickers just above each sword. I would have guessed him close to 400”.
I’ll see if I can dig up a pic I took of him just a week or so before he got clobbered.

There was another Micron bull hit on the freeway by the old block plant around that same year but it was in January I believe.
I think this bull was his little brother.
He was a perfect straight 6 with about 12” kickers just above each sword. I would have guessed him close to 400”.
I’ll see if I can dig up a pic I took of him just a week or so before he got clobbered.
I would love to see that. I never saw that one at least not when he was that big. Maybe saw him a year or two earlier.

When I first moved in that area of Lehi there were a bunch of nice bucks that would rut around the same area before the houses came in. Someone poached one of the bigger bulls that I was watching in Micron. He was there the day before and then nothing but a gut pile and he was gone two days later. I took a video of this buck and he was around with a big 5X5 one year. I accidentally taped over the video of the big 5X5 video with a bloody neck from fighting. The area is so busy now it will be amazing if anything survives all the high-speed roads around.

That whole series of pictures…. and all the construction near and far. It’s got “The Future” written all over it. Maybe the elk just had had enough, and realized its no way for a proper elk with dignity to live.

There has been some good bucks off those hills.. remember hearing stories of the late rifle hunts off them and the big bucks killed.

I was stuck in that traffic jam going north the morning that bull was killed on I-15 in Lehi.

Poor guy, was just trying to find a little love in his life. I still can't believe he ran across 6 lanes of freeway at a busy time, only to get hit on the other side in 6 new lanes. He almost made the Frogger trek to the other side successfully! Almost...

Before Micron was built and all the crap that's there now, those low hills held some giant rutting muleys. We used to swim in the canal, rifle hunt out by Fox's, and hunt pheasants out by Holbrooks. Zeke probably has numerous stories about the good old days in that area. I watched my Dad catch a big nice german brown out of the creek behind Pounders aunts house. What a shizhole it's become up there now. Sad.

Before Micron was built and all the crap that's there now, those low hills held some giant rutting muleys. We used to swim in the canal, rifle hunt out by Fox's, and hunt pheasants out by Holbrooks. Zeke probably has numerous stories about the good old days in that area. I watched my Dad catch a big nice german brown out of the creek behind Pounders aunts house. What a shizhole it's become up there now. Sad.
That's correct! Some stories I can tell and some I cannot! LMAO
Your pa came to visit the other day. Always fun to see him. Man, we used to slay together!

Zeke

Just little browns still in the creek behind my place and not like they use to be. With the tree removal in areas it has hurt the fish. With all the new folks moving in they wouldn’t even have a clue of what we all had. From camp Williams up to the hogs hollow. They even filled in the big swim fish hole south of my house. The plus with the trees and open space gone it did move some homeless sites that was getting out of control

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom