Roads and access questions

WillHunt

Need somebody to dumb down this issue for me a little. In trying to scout via OnX or HuntStand, etc. it's easy to see where the public land is. However, often times you have to turn off the highway onto a smaller road that crosses through private to get to the public. Trying to figure out which of these roads I can travel and which I can't.
1. Is there a general rule about what dirt roads that cross private can be driven by the public?
2. If a paved or otherwise public road passes through a Walk-In Area, I assume I can park my vehicle on the side of the road in the WIA and walk off to hunt, even though my vehicle is "in" the WIA?

no

parking will me marked on the walk-in map. There is very little public in walk-ins.

go to the county gis map and it will show county roads. Wyoming Game also shows those same county roads on their mapping. For BLM that crosses private you can call the nearest office and check with them to see if they have public easement across the private.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom