Rock Springs Motel/Hotels

Rackmastr

Hey All,

I know this may turn out to be a fruitless venture, but I thought I'd post anyways before booking something sight unseen.

Headed down to Rock Springs at end of Sept for wife's hunt in 58. We're likely going to base out of there and camp a few nights during the hunt if weather allows. Want to have a home base in town where we can wash up, make some meals, have a good sleep, re-fuel, etc.

Anyone have any first hand experiences at hotels/motels in town? Probably one of the weirdest towns I've looked at hotel reviews in as several hotels have reviews that are all over the place.

If anyone has a suggestion, let me know. If not, will roll the dice and pick a spot. Really just there to sleep and head out hunting, but also just trying to avoid a nightmare spot at the same time lol.

Not many options if you want to cook food in your room. AirBnB isn’t popular in RockTucky.

Not many options if you want to cook food in your room. AirBnB isn’t popular in RockTucky.
Ya I noticed that. Was looking at options for motels with parking lot access to bbq on the tailgate and that's limited as well it seems. Couple options with certainly some very mixed reviews!

Ya I noticed that. Was looking at options for motels with parking lot access to bbq on the tailgate and that's limited as well it seems. Couple options with certainly some very mixed reviews!
Personally when I go back I stay at the holiday inn by old chicago. It’s a decent place to take the wife to eat. I don’t believe any place in rock springs will care if you grill outside. It’s Wyoming.

Early in the morning go to the C store on elk street. Get their breakfast burritos/green Chile burritos. They open early.

If you sleep in and are not in a hurry breakfast at Santa Fe grill (or dinner) isn’t a bad choice. Again the green Chile breakfast burrito is amazing.

Rest the food sucks in rocktucky except taco time soft meat burritos. Likely the best fast food in town too.

Screw gohunt, huntin fool etc. the above is the real chit you need to know if you’re hunting around Rock Springs.

If you need some cannabis/coke/etc send me a private message and I’ll put you in touch with the right people.

I was living out of my suburban last fall whilst hunting in the area.

I got a room for showering and such at the motel 6 cause I'm a cheap bastard.

It was a little methy.

Of course I survived beings I'm kinda coarse. I'd like to think it strengthened my immune system.

A guy living in his van at the Walmart wanted to know if i had a soldering iron he could borrow to fix his router.

That was a new one. I shouldn't have said hi, or made eye contact

We've stayed at the holiday Inn and comfort inn. Id go back to either.

The holiday Inn even let us plug in our freezer to an outside receptical. Just give the old janitor a 20 and you set.

Personally when I go back I stay at the holiday inn by old chicago. It’s a decent place to take the wife to eat. I don’t believe any place in rock springs will care if you grill outside. It’s Wyoming.

Early in the morning go to the C store on elk street. Get their breakfast burritos/green Chile burritos. They open early.

If you sleep in and are not in a hurry breakfast at Santa Fe grill (or dinner) isn’t a bad choice. Again the green Chile breakfast burrito is amazing.

Rest the food sucks in rocktucky except taco time soft meat burritos. Likely the best fast food in town too.

Screw gohunt, huntin fool etc. the above is the real chit you need to know if you’re hunting around Rock Springs.

If you need some cannabis/coke/etc send me a private message and I’ll put you in touch with the right people.
Dang thanks for the heads up on the green chili burrito. I go through there Al, the time and never knew that

Want to have a home base in town where we can wash up, make some meals, have a good sleep, re-fuel, etc.

Try a Airbnb

What, your not offering up a room at your place? Come on, show a little western hospitality.
What, your not offering up a room at your place? Come on, show a little western hospitality.
I was thinking maybe you would and car pool with them to the unit , your there every day , now that would be western hospitality ?? Plus best glassing (boom) point in the unit !!

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys!

Think we've got it sorted out thanks to the suggestions here!

Might still do some camping in the zone if we find travel back and forth too time consuming, but should be some added value to be fresh and have a happy wife looking over tons of bucks for a week in the desert!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys!

Think we've got it sorted out thanks to the suggestions here!

Might still do some camping in the zone if we find travel back and forth too time consuming, but should be some added value to be fresh and have a happy wife looking over tons of bucks for a week in the desert!!
Best of luck. You and your wife should have a great hunt.

I think we stayed in the Holiday Inn in 2020,. It was fine, we got rerouted because of a fire. When we were leaving I thought I saw a Hampton Inn, never had a bad room at the Hampton Inn.

Hey All,

I know this may turn out to be a fruitless venture, but I thought I'd post anyways before booking something sight unseen.

Headed down to Rock Springs at end of Sept for wife's hunt in 58. We're likely going to base out of there and camp a few nights during the hunt if weather allows. Want to have a home base in town where we can wash up, make some meals, have a good sleep, re-fuel, etc.

Anyone have any first hand experiences at hotels/motels in town? Probably one of the weirdest towns I've looked at hotel reviews in as several hotels have reviews that are all over the place.

If anyone has a suggestion, let me know. If not, will roll the dice and pick a spot. Really just there to sleep and head out hunting, but also just trying to avoid a nightmare spot at the same time lol.
Hey; Haven't posted on MM for quite a few years as I havent had many western tags the last few years. Anyway have a unit 90 antelope tag -cashed in points to get tag and was curious what weather conditions have been - my understanding is dry in a unit that is desert to begin with? I have hunted the unit before and know it fairly well and know the antelope are well distributed thru the unit. Is weather going to impact quality and quantity of goats? I left multiple messages with local CO and Bio but never got a return, Any thoughts are appreciated. Grl7mm

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom