Rocketman and Rocket Dog?

Yep, miss his photos. He contributed alot to this site for years, but got tired of the BS from a few on here that enjoy dishing out negativity.

Glad Founder continues the push for positive interactions and tries his best to enforce.

I'm sure he is enjoying running around the Colorado mountains.

If I remember correctly he got called out for having pics of his dog chasing elk when he finally left was when a couple members had tags and had a run in with him and his dog spooking elk they were hunting and they called him out on here. That thread is probably still in the archives on here.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly he got called for having pics of his dog chasing elk when he finally left was when a couple members had tags and had a run in with him and his dog spooking elk they were hunting and they called him out on here. That thread is probably still in the archives on here.
I recall the same issue coming up and it was not a good deal. But cant recall exactly how it went down.

Dad and I were in the unit back in 2015 and didn't see RM in the areas where we used to see him the other times we hunted there. But he could have been in another area.

Decline? From my 4 hunts there over many years, I would say the elk are actually starting to come back - not to like it was the first two times we were there but getting better.

At 55 I will never draw another tag, but looking forward to taking each of my three sons there in a few years for their archery hunts. They are all in the their 20's and sitting on 14, 13, and 9 points each so it will be a few years yet. Its a beautiful place!

Roy was a nice guy he helped me a lot in 2007 when I drew. It was my first good elk tag and I thought it was awesome. I somehow missed the issue but from what little I know about Roy he was a good guy.
FYI Rocketman has passed
We had some great times,
I remember when he was talking with you
I met him in 06
We saw each other until 4 days before he died

IMG_2927.png

My favorite Rocketman photo

View attachment 109797
My favorite Rocketman photo
The bull that is upside down has a 17 inch droptine, which Sammy measured when he was shot.

We were spreading Roys ashes recently, and I was told this pic was posted.

Another pic of that he took of the Dt bull bugling was on Colorado Outfitter Assoc site for years
I will try to post the rest of the sequence

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom