Rodeo Houston

Placed second tonight, advanced to the finals. I think. You about need a PhD to keep track. BacDoc?. ps. Josh Frost made it in the Bull riding.

Last edited:
Bacdoc, how’s our local hero doing this year? (Rhen)
I’m confused. The result of their Super series yesterday said they qualified for the finals tomorrow.I haven’t watched the wild card yet tonight, (watching college wrestling) looked up the results. It showed they were in the wild card but didn’t win it. Only the winner advanced, so they should be out of it. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. I’ll watch the wild card later and see if that clears it up. I told you that you needed a PhD to figure it out.?. By the way Wrestling has been great.

I guess only we Basinites are interested in Rodeo. I’ve rode more than one Bronc while hunting. ? I miss the days my sons were wrestling. Enjoyed the traveling and seeing new places. I think one year we traveled to matches in 8 states. BacDoc

Wow!!! Rusty is the only Wright in the finals. Stetson getting shut out is a surprise. I’m a rough stock guy, but have 2 son in laws that are ropers. Love it all. Just about time to Buckle Up. BacDoc ?

Horsecorn, I’ve been posting here and in the wrestling thread. Got mixed up and posted rodeo result in that thread. You’ll be glad to know Rhen won it. I’m sure he can use the 50k. Look at that thread for Basin Cowboy result. I’m not use to posting so much, this old man gets confused. Not sure why, but founder took offense to one of my reply’s when someone attacked wrestling and deleted it. It’s time for me to go back into silent mod and let you and Bess defend the Basin. Good Luck to your Grandson in Iowa. I miss those days. BacDoc ?

The HS I went to had 3 National High School Girls All-Around champions in 3 consecutive years, although one did not transfer until after she had won. Two were sisters. Man, talk about some fine looking Wrangler butts.

My dad convinced an All Around champ from 1941 to teach me how to steer wrestle. That was interesting and a lot of fun.

JB Mauney owes someone lots! He was out for sure and gonna get stomped on. I guess his hand was stuck in the rope so they couldn't just turn the bull out?

Bacdoc, what is going on about this controversy over the roper breaking the barrier at Rodeo Houston?
I was watching the rodeo and saw that the barrier malfunctioned but nothing was ever mentioned during the broadcast. Then I got on the PRCA website the other day and saw there's a big stink about it.

You could see that the neck rope that pulls the barrier pin had broke away from the calf and the roper (Beau Cooper) was still behind the barrier line. Pretty big dose of bad luck for him since he should've won 50K for the run. The line judge made a very bad call.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom