Roof Top Tents

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
I've been looking at them for a while now.

I've been talking to folks that have them.

The biggest set-back that most have stated is that if they want to drive anyplace they have to break down camp as the RFFTP tent is on their vehicle.

So I came up with a Double Duty type set-up-------

Robb

IMG_0851.JPG

A lil 5 x 8 enclosed Look brand utility trlr

Tuff Stuff Overland 'Ranger' RFTP tent and a side Awning.

So when I'm not camping, I still have the use of just simply an Utility trlr.

Robb

I thought it best to give the roof a lil more support as with 2 people sleeping above in the RFTP tent and maybe gettin' some! Prolly best to reinforce it
IMG_0419.JPG

With the pandemic controls now, all the fire crews have new guidelines to follow. One of the biggest changes is being self-supporting, without going to big fire camps. My son's crew has done a support trailer similar to this. Here is Wyoming Hot Shots trailer, to give you some more ideas.
FD4C1D65-00E6-4A5B-900D-E074D31C9F49.jpeg

I like it! As a kid, that would be the best fort ever! As an adult, that is a great finished product for the mobile hunter/camper! If weather turns for the absolute worse, you still have the security of the trailer to tough out the rest of trip in.

Nice job!

It sucks to climb..a shell on bed of truck is the best for me..those tents are not cheap..and reek havic with side to side motion of being off road..
Jester

Thanks for your input

The annex room adds quite a bit of extra room for staging hunting gear or
IMG_2005.JPG
even an extra person to sleep.

A simple 6ft ladder is all ya need to set-up the tent on top, pretty simple and fairly easy for a Solo hunter to accomplish.

Robb
IMG_2006.JPG

the first few pix are up in Wyo G area these next pix are down in Az and give a better view of the set-up and clean lines

No mice or snakes when your tent is that up off the ground!

IMG_0501.JPG

The floor in the annex room is a thick rubber and very water proof.

The only 'learning curve' I experienced was when it rained or the snow melted off, I need to have the trlr with a slight drain to the front away from the main tent area's.

1 trip of weather and I learned that very fast!
IMG_0504.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the Likes and comments

I didn't really plan on it but I sold it to a fellow M&M'er, his Mrs and son.

Without getting to much into their private lifestyle, they would tow a tenttrlr and another trlr with the dirt bikes or Mnt bikes.

Always having 2 vehicles to tow and the fuel cost ect.
IMG_4865.jpg

This set-up gave them the option to tow 1 trlr and load the bikes inside ect.

I always sell a lil low so I took $4,100.00

Robb

Sorry for the late response, I just got back from a scouting trip to my LE bow Bull unit here in Utah.

I took the Young Buck with me, he did good.

The ca$h went straight into my Travel savings acct., that very afternoon. I started a Travel savings acct. when/with the $$ I sold my Toy Hauler for and the same with this set-up.

I'm certainly more of an Airbnb cabin type guy now than all the expense of a camping type deal RV and only 6 months use it that---and the insurance, maintenance ect $$

Me and the Young Buck @ windy Flaming Gorge

Robb
IMG_4913.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom