Roto Pax gas cans

3TOE

Very Active Member
So 2 years in a row I had a Roto Pax gas can split on me. That’s $200 & an expensive lesson learned. There are no vents on them & in direct sun / heat they expand, in the cold they contract. Don’t buy them… they are junk. I liked them for storage purposes to hang them on my rack to keep them out of the back of the truck, but if you have to replace them every season they aren’t worth squat.
D9836E92-9FA5-457B-8BEF-884EC4E85013.jpeg

Good to know. I see quite a few guys running those. I’ve been using nato Jerry cans lately and love them.

Good to know. I see quite a few guys running those. I’ve been using nato Jerry cans lately and love them.
?? I will check those out. $100 for a gas can with a donut hole that only lasts one season is a joke. I’m well aware that I can vent it every single day, but when you are hunting it’s the last thing on your mind until you need gas.

I've had rotopax cans on my ATV for over 8 years and have seen thousands of miles of gnarly roads. Neither have leaked or split. I really like them.

I've had rotopax cans on my ATV for over 8 years and have seen thousands of miles of gnarly roads. Neither have leaked or split. I really like them.
I may have gotten a bad batch. The first one that I purchased is fine. The last 2 split on me. You could see a noticeable difference between the two in the outer appearance. I never received a reply to my email, so I would say that their customer service sucks too!!!

I may have gotten a bad batch. The first one that I purchased is fine. The last 2 split on me. You could see a noticeable difference between the two in the outer appearance. I never received a reply to my email, so I would say that their customer service sucks too!!!
keep on them.

Picked up a Storage Pack, but no Fuel Packs…Had heard they were having Pour Spout issues with them…Anybody have any problems there?

Picked up a Storage Pack, but no Fuel Packs…Had heard they were having Pour Spout issues with them…Anybody have any problems there?
I replaced all of my spouts after the first attempt at using the ones that came with the cans. I didn’t care for them personally. On the last can that split on me, I kept my spout. Lol

Never had one split but those darn cans pour about as fast as molasses in December! I gave up on em. Got a few Scribner plastics Jerry cans and they are MUCH better.

Never had one split but those darn cans pour about as fast as molasses in December! I gave up on em. Got a few Scribner plastics Jerry cans and they are MUCH better.
Lol… I totally agree!!! They pour REALLY slow.

My rotopax with the nozzle I posted above pour quite fast. The other safety ones likely are super slow.

My rotopax with the nozzle I posted above pour quite fast. The other safety ones likely are super slow.
Agreed… I purchased some after my first time pouring from the rotopax. They are definitely an improvement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom