Roughin It Outdoors Going to KSL

No offense, but Adams show just doesn't do it for me. I guess since I knew Doug and his family, and was an avid watcher I just watch Adams show and think to myself how he will never compare to the big Doug.

I am sure there are big fans on this website and if that's you don't take it personal, I am not trying to start arguments, just voicing my opinion.

I am glad! I think Adam is a good guy!~He comes here on MM every once in a while and contributes to our debauchery! (cant remember his handle) I really enjoy his show. But I think it is unfair to compare him to Doug...Doug was a one of a kind guy and Adam is just different. I dont know him personally but I do enjoy watching the show!

I spent several nights in the same hotel room as Adam, the man is a snoring machine! I had a blast chasing turkeys with him, for a good cause too!

In 20 years people will be saying the same thing about Adam as they did Doug.

I personally enjoy his show more than Doug. I found Doug to be unenergtic but his voice is what kept you tuned. I enjoy more fishing and hunting that Adam does.

Adam does a great job and is a good guy.

I watch every episode Adam does. I find them all pretty cool.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-11 AT 07:54PM (MST)[p]Adam does a great job. He has his own style. I guess I will have to turn it over to those Cougar loving KSL boys after their crappy news cast is over to watch now.:D

It's always an adventure!!!

I loved Doug's show. I think we all did. He was a larger than life personality and he's been missed. That being said, I think Adam is as good as it comes in the outdoor-entertainment industry. He's a good guy.....No ego.....No false bravado.....Just loves sharing the outdoors with the rest of us. I wish him all the best in his new endeavor.......

When is the switch going to happen? Im sick of waiting up to watch it and it the same damn show as the week b4

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the comments, both good and constructive. The new show will start in mid September.
The past week was one of the toughest in my life. I had 20 years investing at KUTV, a lot of life-long friends, and a great job. But, I needed a change and I needed some help with the work load. KSL is going to give me all of that. They have made a huge committment to the outdoors. I will be able to hire someone to help me with the show. Something I've been doing by myself for the past three years. They have many different platforms, TV, radio, KSL.com, to get our (outdoorsmens) message out. It really is not only a win for me, but for everyone who enjoys the outdoors. I can't wait!
A lot of you here on MM are my friends. Brian (founder) is one of my best friends. I've valued and appreciated your comments and contributions to the show in the past and will need them for the future.
If you ever have a comment, idea or just want to shoot the bull, drop me a line. I'm always looking for story ideas and want to hear your comments on issues that are important to all of us.

Thanks guys...Adam
[email protected]

First, Doug Miller was like Santa Claus(both in looks and spirit). We was that rare person that made everyone think they were sitting across the table from him. Doug Miller was a instituion in this state and comparing him to Adam is pretty unfair. We have/had Doug Miller, ##### Norse, Mark Eubank, and pretty much any other personality in Utah is just some dude on T.V.. Now having said that Adam's show I think is great, its great having local things going on and I think he brings a different angle than Doug did. Doug was like your grandpa, Adam is your cool uncle. Either way good for Adam, love the show, but I can't handle the BYU lovefest before watching so I guess I will drink more before watching.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

Congrats Adam. I'm looking forward to the new show. i would imagine it would be the same good old shows that we have all come to appreciate. I hope that Hooked on Utah is dropped and the main show is Adams outdoor show.
I appreciate all the hard work that goes into the shows each week.Good luck and I know you have the support of many of us on here.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-11 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]Best of luck Adam. And give a freakin call sometime.

Yelum

P.S. I need a job.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-15-11 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]Hoss buddy! See, we agree on more than you think. Like I said up in my previous post, once they get done with all their cougar crap on there I will have to turn it over and watch Adam.

Adam - just don't show up on that show wearing a BYU hat or I'm afraid I'm done watching.;-)

It's always an adventure!!!

So based on what I read, Adam is starting a new show on KSL "Outdoors with Adam Eakle". Is KUTV going to keep Roughin It Outdoors going with someone else or did Adam own that name/show and it goes away with him? What is the story there? Reese going to go back to KUTV and run that show?

CONGRATS ADAM! I DVR your show weekly and catch up on them when I get time. My $0.02 - hunting season is here - let's have more of it! I'm tired of watching you wet a hook and land nice fish already. Maybe just jealous of your AK trip!

Cheers and best of luck in your new gig!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom