Wanted RT Eastman Extreme Bucks Part 5 VHS/Michael Brownlee’s “Mega Bucks”

BillyLif27

Looking for Rod Eastman’s Extreme Bucks part 5 on vhs. Also looking for any of Michael Brownlee’s “Mega Bucks”. Will take a look at any vhs/dvd videos of the sort that you may want to get rid of

I have "Mega Bucks Volume II". Probably about thirty hunting/nature related vhs tapes, can't find my Extreme Bucks tapes though.

I have "Mega Bucks Volume II". Probably about thirty hunting/nature related vhs tapes, can't find my Extreme Bucks tapes though.
I have part 1 and 2. Was just wondering if there were any others. I’d look at anything else you have but I’m mostly looking for extreme bucks part 5

I seem to remember that at one point they were selling all five in a set of DVD's but then R. T. (Rod) seemed to drop off the planet. Not sure I ever had volume 5 and the others seem to be gone. I was storing some things in a "friend's" storage unit and she stopped paying for it without telling me so all the contents were auctioned off. I'm afraid those tapes must have been in there since I can't lay my hands on them around here.
_AAE8945-Edit-2.jpg

I can’t find any record or any DVDs ever being produced and only the first 2 parts are available online right now. I bought a lot of vhs tapes from a guy on here that had the first four parts and I already had the first two but the 5th is impossible to find for some reason. I don’t even know what it looks like

It's weird because you just can't find anything out there about R. T. Eastman and the tapes don't surface very often. I enjoy looking at big bucks and don't require seeing them hit the ground as part of that enjoyment. Guess I'll have to start hitting the thrift stores and see if any surface there. Was actually going to buy the necessary equipment to transfer the tapes to thumb drives so I could continue to watch them but none of my current collection of tapes is worth the effort and cost.
I spend most of November in SE Oregon photographing mule deer in the rut so I really appreciate what those guys were doing in Wyoming.
_AAF8997-Edit.jpg

It's weird because you just can't find anything out there about R. T. Eastman and the tapes don't surface very often. I enjoy looking at big bucks and don't require seeing them hit the ground as part of that enjoyment. Guess I'll have to start hitting the thrift stores and see if any surface there. Was actually going to buy the necessary equipment to transfer the tapes to thumb drives so I could continue to watch them but none of my current collection of tapes is worth the effort and cost.
I spend most of November in SE Oregon photographing mule deer in the rut so I really appreciate what those guys were doing in Wyoming.View attachment 101733
I’m a photographer as well and have been trying to focus on tapes without kill shots. I’m a hunter as well but don’t enjoy the killing aspect per se so I love seeing live footage. I believe the commercial tapes have a feature that blocks them from being transferred off of the tape. I hope those tapes aren’t that way but I looked into transferring them before.

Had a friend who liked those videos with the slow-motion arrow and bullet contacts, that stuff leaves me cold. I bought a bunch of Marty Stauffer tapes when vhs went out of style, still in their wrappers. I like nature stuff as long as it's an accurate portrayal, even though I know Marty set up a lot of the animal interactions, it was still entertaining to watch. After almost 60 years of hunting, I've seen enough animals die, always feel a little sad when I put something down but get over it when I hear the backstrap sizzling in the frying pan.
My favorite tape is one a guy sent to me of a trophy buck that I later took with my muzzleloader. Really nice to have on-the-hoof footage of your best buck. Someday I'm going to get it transferred over to digital so I can share it on some of these hunting sites. He's the buck of a lifetime for Oregon, (scored 210+ gross) especially with blackpowder.
Are you familiar with an old elk tape called, IIRC "Monarch of the Mountain"? Showed a year in the life of elk in the Jackson Hole area I believe. I remember watching it in the local theater back when I was in high school. Guys like Gordon Eastman and Andy Russell used to make decent money touring around and showing nature movies. Some of the old Gordon Eastman tapes are still available I think. Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for volume five of Extreme Bucks and if I'm ever heading down to the redwoods to photograph elk, I'll let you know and you can dig through my old tapes.

Where in oregon did you kill your best buck? I have somehwere around 15 points from the mentor program and I’m gonna cash out this year. I think I’m going blacktail though because I’ve wanted to kill a good blacktail and the muley tags don’t seem to have the quality to make it worth it.

I took my big buck in the old Juniper muzzleloader hunt which has been discontinued. There isn't a hunt in Oregon truly worth 15 points. I burned ten points for the Klamath Falls muzzleloader hunt back in 2021. You'd think a hunt starting on November 1 and running for nine days would be fairly productive but I only saw two bucks during that time, (and three additional days of scouting) that were over three years old. I didn't wait ten years to kill a dink, so ate the tag. Talked to two guys who ended up just shooting a doe because they couldn't find a decent buck. Very disappointing. Had a friend who, along with two others, drew the Mt. Emily late buck tag and, once again, all came home with tag soup.
If I wanted a chance at a big true blacktail, (not a Cascade buck) I'd look at the Applegate muzzleloader hunt. Some of the late muzzleloader hunts on the west slope of the Cascades, (I grew up hunting in the Indigo and McKenzie units) have been pretty productive but since they're east of I-5 the deer aren't considered pure blacktail. With the rifle deer season running as late as it does this year, any of the rifle hunts might produce a big buck during that last week, but like everything else in Oregon, it's a big crapshoot. Besides, a guy can hunt blacktail with OTC rifle tags and keep piling up points although it's hard to see a decent return on the investment.
Here's a pic of my buck's rack. To give a sense of scale, he's thirty inches outside on the main beam and 34+ tip to tip on the cheaters. He's what I call a tweener, not enough non-typical junk to score well in that category but too much to score well as a typical. But I sure as hell wasn't going to let him walk away.
_AAX6730.jpg

I took my big buck in the old Juniper muzzleloader hunt which has been discontinued. There isn't a hunt in Oregon truly worth 15 points. I burned ten points for the Klamath Falls muzzleloader hunt back in 2021. You'd think a hunt starting on November 1 and running for nine days would be fairly productive but I only saw two bucks during that time, (and three additional days of scouting) that were over three years old. I didn't wait ten years to kill a dink, so ate the tag. Talked to two guys who ended up just shooting a doe because they couldn't find a decent buck. Very disappointing. Had a friend who, along with two others, drew the Mt. Emily late buck tag and, once again, all came home with tag soup.
If I wanted a chance at a big true blacktail, (not a Cascade buck) I'd look at the Applegate muzzleloader hunt. Some of the late muzzleloader hunts on the west slope of the Cascades, (I grew up hunting in the Indigo and McKenzie units) have been pretty productive but since they're east of I-5 the deer aren't considered pure blacktail. With the rifle deer season running as late as it does this year, any of the rifle hunts might produce a big buck during that last week, but like everything else in Oregon, it's a big crapshoot. Besides, a guy can hunt blacktail with OTC rifle tags and keep piling up points although it's hard to see a decent return on the investment.
Here's a pic of my buck's rack. To give a sense of scale, he's thirty inches outside on the main beam and 34+ tip to tip on the cheaters. He's what I call a tweener, not enough non-typical junk to score well in that category but too much to score well as a typical. But I sure as hell wasn't going to let him walk away.
View attachment 101781
I’m putting in for the applegate as of now. I put all my youth points towards 100 series deer and the youth applegate hunt is in the doe category so looks like I’m doing rut muzzleloader instead of December rifle. North Warner was my other option but realized the risk outweighed the possible reward. Applegate seems like my best option especially since I want to kill a true blacktail before I leave california

Finally got the old video of my big buck transferred, now I have to edit it. Also have ten-twelve hours of Mini-DV tapes I made of mule deer over in the Malheur in 2005. Gets expensive to transfer all that to digital but I should do it before it gets even costlier. I talked to the guy who transferred my tape and he said it's not illegal for you to record a tape you own to a different format but he can't do it for me with commercial tapes. With today's technology I think it's possible to copy nearly anything, you just need to hook up an analog to digital converter.

Finally got the old video of my big buck transferred, now I have to edit it. Also have ten-twelve hours of Mini-DV tapes I made of mule deer over in the Malheur in 2005. Gets expensive to transfer all that to digital but I should do it before it gets even costlier. I talked to the guy who transferred my tape and he said it's not illegal for you to record a tape you own to a different format but he can't do it for me with commercial tapes. With today's technology I think it's possible to copy nearly anything, you just need to hook up an analog to digital converter.
I would love to do that. I’m sure it’ll be a pretty penny for a converter. I had a friend buy a converter for mini dv tapes and it was a couple hundred bucks. I still need to find that magical fifth tape as well

No idea about the quality but there are several converters that go from a VCR to your computer for less than $100. Sad thing for me is I had a brand new in-the-box VCR but it got tossed during one of my moves.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom