Rubies depredation 101- 103 cow tag

lvgrizfan

Hi Drew the 101- 103 depredation cow elk tag, i’m going to head up in August to do some scouting, I have been told the best time to hunt that area is during the rut. If anybody can give me some advice or if anybody’s hunted this tag in this area before if you could help me out, that would be great. I know it’s a longshot, but at least it gets me out of the house and gets me out in the field this year.

Thanks, Tom

I’ve been on that hunt twice both times were the bull tag. Round one was my friend we hunted five or six days ending in tag soup. I had The tag two years ago. What I learned is Elk where you find them.I Spent nine days scouting I saw elk most days. Seeing them was one thing getting one and getting it out in a timely matter was my concern in these units. I did my legwork scouting because I only had a few days with help to pack out a elk if I got one . I got my bull the second day of the season and it was 102 degrees out and was glad I had five people with me. I got good info from a couple different ranchers out there were some elk are hanging out They didn’t wanna give the info away at first till I reminded them why this exist and they are the ones that didn’t want the elk there! I had a few elk that I had patterned leaving private fields onto public land before the Hunt stated. Always wanted a velvet bull.
11C7D014-4A50-4B99-896B-5EBAE2B41834.jpeg

I’ve hunted 103 Mitchell creek. The road goes all the way to the top. There’s good camping. Not sure if there is elk there but it’s big country. Good luck

I’ve been on that hunt twice both times were the bull tag. Round one was my friend we hunted five or six days ending in tag soup. I had The tag two years ago. What I learned is Elk where you find them.I Spent nine days scouting I saw elk most days. Seeing them was one thing getting one and getting it out in a timely matter was my concern in these units. I did my legwork scouting because I only had a few days with help to pack out a elk if I got one . I got my bull the second day of the season and it was 102 degrees out and was glad I had five people with me. I got good info from a couple different ranchers out there were some elk are hanging out They didn’t wanna give the info away at first till I reminded them why this exist and they are the ones that didn’t want the elk there! I had a few elk that I had patterned leaving private fields onto public land before the Hunt stated. Always wanted a velvet bull. View attachment 80837
Thanks for the info, I’m looking forward to heading up and scouting for a week, the season runs from August 01 to January 01, so I have time. Im ready for a pack out, I thought about that already, but I’m going to give it a try, I’m excited for a tough hunt. Thanks again.

I saw 40 head of cows and calf’s and 7 bulls on Saturday. East morning hunt if you can get permission from the land owner.

There are about a dozen cows and calfs and a spike using the pivots on the north side of SR229 in ruby valley. Saw them the morning of 7/26

Hi Drew the 101- 103 depredation cow elk tag, i’m going to head up in August to do some scouting, I have been told the best time to hunt that area is during the rut. If anybody can give me some advice or if anybody’s hunted this tag in this area before if you could help me out, that would be great. I know it’s a longshot, but at least it gets me out of the house and gets me out in the field this year.

Thanks,

Hi Tom, I drew a 10 dep bull tag and just got back from a week long hunt of not seeing anything. I was wondering if you had any advice or tips on areas to check out. I spent most of my time down in 103 and saw little sign and no elk. Thanks Chris

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom