Ruby Mountains Deer

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Son and I are heading into the Ruby’s towards the end of this week. Looks like they got some snow and I’m hoping to help him fill his tag. The temps look to be dropping into the teens and I’m wondering if this will help with the hunt. I know it’s still mid October and finding deer will be tough but hopeful less hunters on the mountain as the opening week has passed. Anyone just came out and want to share their experience?

Understood. Just looking for a first mule deer buck for my 13 year old son. Here’s a blacktail he took last year.

3BA0F1B0-568C-4D7E-A48C-2DA95985B050.jpeg

Son and I are heading into the Ruby’s towards the end of this week. Looks like they got some snow and I’m hoping to help him fill his tag. The temps look to be dropping into the teens and I’m wondering if this will help with the hunt. I know it’s still mid October and finding deer will be tough but hopeful less hunters on the mountain as the opening week has passed. Anyone just came out and want to share their experience?

Early rifle opening weekend has passed, but Sunday is opening weekend for the mid rifle season. See you out there and good luck!

I used to hunt them every few years, but the genetics just suck.
They suck but if your not looking for a min 180” buck, the archery hunt can turn up 24-26” 4x caliber deer and for a good percentage of hunters, that’s good enough. If a guy doesn’t have a ton of bonus points, you can go hunt fairly frequently.

I was up last week Tuesday afternoon to Thursday night. Was in both Cherry and walked a lot around Corral 3. Didn’t see anything. Hoping for better luck next week. This is first time hunting the Ruby’s. So everything I am doing is blind and by e-scouting with OnX. Hoping for the best.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom