Ruby Mountains Nv Cow Elk Tag (First Ever Big Game Tag)

Skeeter77

Hello, I drew a cow elk tag for the Rubies and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction in where to find cow's. I've scouted quite a bit and have only seen a bull and several scattered cows but not much. It's also my first big game hunt. I've only ever been an upland bird hunter and small game guy so this is my first foray into big 4 legged creatures so it seems really daunting. I'm from Elko and spend a lot of time fishing the marshes, the Rubies, hunting the elusive snowcocks, and trapping around there but I didn't grow up hunting and don't have anyone to accompany me so any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Go where you seen those cows they are a herd animals so find one there is should be more around.

I'd be asking your neighbors or any local guys that hunt. They will know much more than most of us who have never set foot on the Rubies. Lots of hunters in Elko that should be a good source of information. Best of luck and take a friend with you. Elk are big animals and heavy to pack out by yourself.

There are not many elk in the Rubies and the F&G don't want them there. Go knock on some doors if you see some cows on private land. While most ranchers in the area won't let you hunt deer but they will let you shoot a elk if it is on their land.
Hard tag to fill good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom