Rumors I heard at band camp..... NO, the Wyoming Task Force

TinCup

40% NR tags under the control of the Welfare Org known as WYOGA
WYOGA also wants to phase in full control of both NR and R leftover tags
WYOGA wants to phase in partial to full control of R tags
WYOGA wants to intact the "wilderness rule" onto all public lands, State and Fed with all hunters, NR and R to abide

This was told to me by someone extremely close to this WTF process. A pretty wicked wish list for "some" that have infiltrated the committee...I can't see some of these things coming true but when you mix WYOGA, WY Legislature, WY Stockgrowers and WY G&F....who knows?

Had to check if it was April 1. Too many good old boys in Wyoming to let this happen. They will take this into their own hands and straighten it out. In my opinion.

Had to check if it was April 1. Too many good old boys in Wyoming to let this happen. They will take this into their own hands and straighten it out. In my opinion.
Regarding "too many good old boys" that'll save the day but, let me remind you, often behind the "rugged" individualism professed here in Wyoming, we have our share of sellouts, especially the cheap grazing fee and cheap outfitter (who get to use the citizen's inventory of wildlife for free) types who would hook/crook/steal for their own selfish financial gain

Sure, not all of the dubious wishes on the list will happen, you'd think....but if we don't stay on top of things then smoky backroom deals can (and do) occur. Even amongst our own ranks exists those who would sell their souls to the devil. Heck, Buzz got silenced on Rokslide, a supposed public land/DIY site because of beating the drum for public hunters

I'm also hearing that public comments are getting cherry picked for publication. If so, perhaps the WTF really doesn't care what the citizenry thinks?

Last edited:
Great first post. What does "WYOGA wants to phase in partial to full control of R tags" even mean?
What should a "first post" look like? :) R = Resident Hunters. While this would never happen, WYOGA would sure love the have the Resident big game licenses be exclusive to them...meaning that if you were a resident, you couldn't just go hunt...you'd have to be guided.

Ain't goning to happen but believe me, there are some WY legislators that'd sell you out in a heartbeat

Not sure if any of this first post is true, but sure sounds like Highfastflyer, aka LowSlowGoogler, used to post.

Regarding "too many good old boys" that'll save the day but, let me remind you, often behind the "rugged" individualism professed here in Wyoming, we have our share of sellouts, especially the cheap grazing fee and cheap outfitter (who get to use the citizen's inventory of wildlife for free) types who would hook/crook/steal for their own selfish financial gain

Sure, not all of the dubious wishes on the list will happen, you'd think....but if we don't stay on top of things then smoky backroom deals can (and do) occur. Even amongst our own ranks exists those who would sell their souls to the devil. Heck, Buzz got silenced on Rokslide, a supposed public land/DIY site because of beating the drum for public hunters

I'm also hearing that public comments are getting cherry picked for publication. If so, perhaps the WTF really doesn't care what the citizenry thinks?
Buzz got banned from Rokslide. Imagine that……

and it was because he was “beating the drum for public hunters.” Yeah I am sure that must be it????

Welcome, TinCup! I can’t give you advice on an appropriate 1st post, but I can tell you when they start attacking your spelling and sentence structure, that means you are either on to something or hitting to close to home for some of these keyboard warriors.
My reading comprehension must be off tonight. I don't see anyone attacking spelling or sentence structure.

Does anyone know of a way to listen to the meeting today? Last time I found a link on the Task Force website but this time I can't seem to find it.

Thanks. I found it. But for some reason I can't get signed in to the meeting. I'm wondering if it's already over.
It is. You can watch the past videos by going to the meeting videos link. To watch live you clink on the link in the agenda.

Every occupation has it’s cheats and crooks outfitters are no different. I myself have no need for one at this time in my life. Saying that, it sure would be nice to be brought into a good drainage on horseback, hunt for a week or two and then be packed out.
Meet some good guides, and some jerks that blocked access roads with trailers and large camp so no one could see the road.

They should not have allotted tags!!
They should not have to be with a hunter for the NR to hunt wilderness.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom