Rut reports here

W

WyomingMan

I haven't heard a bugle yet this year in the Snowy Range. Hunted this weekend again and no signs of rut starting yet in my area. Cows are still alone and no bugles to be heard. Any other reports around the state?

GO POKES!

Friend spent the week hunting blue grouse and camping in the Snowy's. He saw lots of elk and a number of good bulls.
However the bull moose are getting fired up. had some neet pic's.

I was out this evening with a friend bowhunting in area 92, the bulls were screaming there. We had one 5 point and a cow come to within 100 yards but that was it. We also had a bigger bull across the canyon bugling back but wouldnt commit. Hopefully with some more cold weather they'll be going crazy. Good luck all.

I was out in 24 this weekend. Bulls were responding to bugles but barely at all to cow talk. Cows were a bit scattered and not talking at all. Got within 100yds of 2 small 5x5's and cow talked them, they started to square off a bit then turned and went back up the hill. 4-5 days and it should be on!

Donnie

In my infinite amount of wisdom I left the camera at camp and thought thats ok I'll get pics when I return to bone it out. Then I forgot the dang camera again !! Youd almost think I was excited beyond belief maybe ? I have no pics of my first bull with a bow(also my biggest bull now) Im going to regret not having those pics for a long time but the sight of that bad boy bugling and watching that arrow disappear into him at 25 yards will never go away in my mind !! Gary

Gator did your crew have any luck? For others info we had snow on the ground here yesterday morning,,,I guess I better get out today,
I hunted opening day saw 8 does and 1 dink 3 point, I went last friday and stayed out till dark and did see a 24 inch 4 point and a heavy horned 3 point but passed. I still have lots time to hunt every time I've been out the Bulls have been talking.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom