Ryan Hatch update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the long range guy who always hunts Star Valley? Has that guy ever got in trouble? What about Brownlee? He ever get in trouble?

Who's the long range guy who always hunts Star Valley? Has that guy ever got in trouble? What about Brownlee? He ever get in trouble?
I was thinking of Bob Beck.....I just watched a video of him shooting an elk at 810 yards where it states that the drop is 52 inches. He ended up hitting the elk in the 4th tine and then made a kill shot on the next shot. They had to leave the bull til the next morning to recover it. He then said it was going to be a "chore" getting that elk out of such steep stuff. The entire hunt was horseback. He really roughs it. LOL

I was thinking of Bob Beck.....I just watched a video of him shooting an elk at 810 yards where it states that the drop is 52 inches. He ended up hitting the elk in the 4th tine and then made a kill shot on the next shot. They had to leave the bull til the next morning to recover it. He then said it was going to be a "chore" getting that elk out of such steep stuff. The entire hunt was horseback. He really roughs it. LOL
I was making fun of him five years ago. Always shooting from a gravel road long range. I’ve seen him miss in air multiple times. I guess, at least he shows himself hitting rocks. I’ll give him that. But he ain’t packing 10 lbs 10 yards. I’ve never seen one of his hunts on public land.

Who cares? It's not illegal, but if you aren't aware of the dirt on Brownlee you've been living under a rock.

@lif take your son back down to Muley crazy in a couple years you'll probably see this poached buck on the wall with all his other mounts if our law enforcement don't get their sh** together lol

Reactions: lif
@lif take your son back down to Muley crazy in a couple years you'll probably see this poached buck on the wall with all his other mounts if our law enforcement don't get their sh** together lol
My son and I talked in the way home tonight about where that buck will end up. And imagine the character of a man if they don’t feel shame every time they see that set of antlers. If hamberlin has any pride left, that buck is at the bottom of lake Powell.

Here we can start a list of celebrity poachers:
Brian Call Gritty Bowman
Mike Brownlee
Robby Denning
Ryan Hatch
Erik V. (Muley Freak)
Kurt Darner
Bowmars
Marlon Holden (Gray Light)
Bob Beck
Greg Ritz
Bill Busbice
Chris Brackett
Tines Up

Most of these guys have been charged more than once. Feel free to add to the list these were just a few off the top of my head.

My son and I talked in the way home tonight about where that buck will end up. And imagine the character of a man if they don’t feel shame every time they see that set of antlers. If hamberlin has any pride left, that buck is at the bottom of lake Powell.
so....next summer we can find it....

What do we have on Robby other than shooting from a vehicle?
Yeah and that buck was confiscated by IDFG so I guess not technically poaching? Depends on your definition I guess, the way I look at it if the deer was confiscated then it was taken illegally, i.e. poaching. He also admitted to shooting a buck on his buddies tag when he was younger and didn't get caught

Brian Call Gritty Bowman
Mike Brownlee
Robby Denning
Ryan Hatch
Erik V. (Muley Freak)
Kurt Darner
Bowmars
Bob Beck
Greg Ritz
Bill Busbice
Chris Brackett
Tines Up

Most of these guys have been charged more than once. Feel free to add to the list these were just a few off the top of my head.

I’ve never heard of half those people. And that’s weird that someone named their kid “Tines Up.” ;)

Brownlee0.jpg

Brownlee1.jpg

Brownlee2.jpg

Brownlee3.jpg

Brownlee4.jpg

Who cares? It's not illegal, but if you aren't aware of the dirt on Brownlee you've been living under a rock.
Nope....not illegal. Just pointing out that his long range is questionable at times. Yes, I have taken shots where I have missed at 250 yards so please don't come back with, "you've never missed"?

My wife only allows me 60 minutes per week on internet. If that is considered under a rock then so be it.

These guys are such narcissists that they do stupid sh!t just to feed their own egos. Sad that they can't be happy being better than average finding and photographing big bucks and waiting or buying good tags just like the rest of us.

Nope....not illegal. Just pointing out that his long range is questionable at times. Yes, I have taken shots where I have missed at 250 yards so please don't come back with, "you've never missed"?
Everyone has a different opinion on long range, but I think we agree that we've all missed before and we'll likely miss again.

Is any buck worth losing your business and career?

It’s too bad people have to stoop to these levels. All for a deer? When there are a bunch of other giant deer on the unit you could have actually legally hunted? It will never make sense to me.
Hell no!

Brian Call Gritty Bowman
Mike Brownlee
Robby Denning
Ryan Hatch
Erik V. (Muley Freak)
Kurt Darner
Bowmars
Bob Beck
Greg Ritz
Bill Busbice
Chris Brackett
Tines Up

Spook Spann of "Spook Nation"

So, as a result of the felony conviction, neither one of them can carry a firearm. Doesn’t Muley Crazy put together and sell long range rifles… and what are the rules, regarding firearms, when you are a convicted felon?. Can they even be around them? I'm sure both of them have extensive firearms collections in their homes. Is there also an FFL issue now?

Last edited:
I have personally dealt with Ryan a few times. He was always been very helpful and nice to work with. Who on this forum has ever done something by mistake or purposely that was not "by the book"? If you have hunted long enough everyone makes mistakes. I don't know the whole story but I wish him all the best.

I have personally dealt with Ryan a few times. He was always been very helpful and nice to work with. Who on this forum has ever done something by mistake or purposely that was not "by the book"? If you have hunted long enough everyone makes mistakes. I don't know the whole story but I wish him all the best.
Welcome to the forum Ryan, I mean Daniel.

Hey ya'll. Jury member here. We found him not guilty of the obstruction charge because the prosecution failed to make a case for it and therefore had to ask us not to find him guilty. But that charge was brought because he stated first that his cell did not have gps or onx, but then later stated he didn't have his phone at all when he was pulled over later after they found the dead carcass. I can answer any and all questions now that the case is over!
What was each person actually found guilty of? I'm not sure this has been made clear. It appears by this post Hatch was found not guilty of obstruction. One post stated they were found guilty and sentencing upcoming. I apologize if I missed it in the 247 posts above.

Spook Spann of "Spook Nation"
Brian Call Gritty Bowman
Mike Brownlee
Robby Denning
Ryan Hatch
Erik V. (Muley Freak)
Kurt Darner
Bowmars
Bob Beck
Greg Ritz
Bill Busbice
Chris Brackett
Tines Up

From AZ.....

Duwane Adams
Brian Fisher

What was each person actually found guilty of? I'm not sure this has been made clear. It appears by this post Hatch was found not guilty of obstruction. One post stated they were found guilty and sentencing upcoming. I apologize if I missed it in the 247 posts above.
Check out the VERY first post. Both guilty of poaching, 3rd degree felonies.

Unless his hunting privileges are later revoked
Colorado is the only state that outlaws owning bows also, with a felony. The Gun Control Act of 1968 only bans ownership of firearms, but you can still own and hunt with CO2 or high press pneumatic air guns!!, if the state doesn't pull your privileges.

Yea, likewise, and he’s always be very gracious to help myself as well as many others that I know, with information and connections.

There’s zero excuse for breaking the law, and It’s hard to think he didn’t know exactly what they were doing, however, no person is all good, or all bad. I wish people would let go a little of the piling on. Duwane’s deal in Az, and Ryan’s are a major bummer to me.

How about Glen Berry? I thought he was a pretty nice guy to talk to as well. His case was very similar to Hatch's. As I remember the bull was shot in Idaho, just over the border from Montana but tagged with a Montana tag.
Glen Berry

Anonymous,

I heard you bring up GPS and OnX in your posts.

In the trial how was OnX introduced to jurors ?

Colorado is the only state that outlaws owning bows also, with a felony. The Gun Control Act of 1968 only bans ownership of firearms, but you can still own and hunt with CO2 or high press pneumatic air guns!!, if the state doesn't pull your privileges.
I believe pretty much all of the states have formed a pact in which, if convicted of poaching etc. in one state, you will lose your hunting privileges in all of them for the same amount of time. As I recall, the only two states not part of this are Hawaii and Michigan? So I suppose the method of take becomes irrelevant… you simply can’t hunt.

I believe pretty much all of the states have formed a pact in which, if convicted of poaching etc. in one state, you will lose your hunting privileges in all of them for the same amount of time. As I recall, the only two states not part of this are Hawaii and Michigan? So I suppose the method of take becomes irrelevant… you simply can’t hunt.
Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact

Having a Felony precludes you from having an FFL license. I suspect he is not eager to self report this conviction to the ATF. I do not know how long he'd be able to keep it with the conviction as I have been unable to find any information that requires him to report the conviction or to turn in his FFL because of it. At any renewal, they ask the same questions about any criminal activity just like they do when you buy a firearm and he'd certainly be denied the renewal. Ironically, he renewed it in October so it was before the conviction, but that now means the next renewal isn't until 2025.

Muley Crazy Inc is what the FFL is registered under. It's possible that it's under someone else's name though, such as a wife or business partner. I find this highly unlikely though since he is the registered agent of this business according to the State of Utah.

I've been big game hunting for 27 years... I've NEVER ONCE made any mistake that was illegal and much less purposefully done something "not by the book". It is neither common nor normal to break the law.

I will say my uncle once met Ryan in his place of business while driving through Kanab... they had a chat, which turned into shootin the breeze for quite a while. He was friendly, likeable and seemed to enjoy my uncles company. Its sad to see people in a light that doesn't fit what your impression of them was...

He wasn't ever charged because he had state documents saying it was legal.

That's kind of important.
He had "state documents"? This is new developing information that I was unaware of. The only state document that I knew of was where his hunter wan not legal to hunt that unit, but only the draw tag holder could. But it in all honesty, where did he get state documents showing he was legal?

He had "state documents"? This is new developing information that I was unaware of. The only state document that I knew of was where his hunter wan not legal to hunt that unit, but only the draw tag holder could. But it in all honesty, where did he get state documents showing he was legal?
Have you been paying attention at all?

Do you read?

Man, it’s really sad what happens when someone makes a mistake these days, albeit a big one, still a mistake.
I haven’t logged into this wanna be site in several years. What I mean by wanna be is this, most guys on here are just flat out wanna be’s.
For those on here that aren’t wanna be’s, and you know who you are if your not a wanna be, don’t take this personal. A wanna be by my definition is someone that couldn’t hunt their way out of a paper bag if trapped in one. And yes basically 95 percent of the guys on this site smashing everyone they can with negativity are total wanna be’s,,,,, or just have tiny “Peter” syndrome.
Basically all they do is talk about hunting because that’s all they are capable of is talking about it. Very few guys on here that live the life or breath hunting. And any of you don’t take this personal. I’m not talking to you “ real “ hunters.
Every once in awhile I check back into this site to see if anything ha s changed for the better. Of course not, it never does. Only gets worse as more and more wanna be’s join in to argue and trash anyone that comes on it.
From super wanna be’s like tristate to the rest, it’s gotton pathetic. No one has a nice thing to say about anything. I’m blown away after several years of not logging into the site that people are still replying to tristates bait. How hard is it to see that you just don’t reply to tri. How hard is that see or learn. Don’t reply to the guy like he doesn’t even exist. Is it that hard.
Tri’s gotta be like these guys will never learn he’s just an idiot.
Ryan made a big mistake. Doesn’t change he’s an absolute bad ass, and always will be. The guys helped me out many times along the way with info he most likely beat his truck up and gear to find. I’ve learned a lot from ryan and other “real” hunters over the years. Ya, real hunters make mistakes. Really bad judgment calls occur at times. Ryan def made a big mistake. Pastors in a church make big mistakes and get the same.

I wonder if this site will ever be able to recruit more “real “ hunters. Guys that live ans breathe the sport. Guys that just don’t talk about hunting but actually hunt more than once a year. Those kinda of guys I could learn from and aren’t the guys that are smashing everyone on here all the time. Real hunters don’t have time for that stuff. Why because they’re in the field.
So much jealousy from wanna be’s always waiting to shred someone for how they hunt , how far they shoot , where they hunt , how they hunt ect ect.

So many fragile egos on this site. A direct outcome of not knowing how to hunt and talking way to much about the sport they know very little about. Pathetic.

I still look up to ryan even though he made a giant mistake.
Here’s why. The guy lived the life at the highest level. Lived the life means he was in the field learning about critters , helping others find critters more than he was in town for years and years. I’ll alwys be greatful for Ryan’s help he has given me over the years. Always for free and that advise cost him dearly over there years in broken shocks , so much time spent in the field , gas money by the 10’s of thousands , ect ect.
Let the guy pay the price for his mistake. But only a die hard wanna be would want to strip the guy of all he has done for so many others at his own expense.

If your not a wanna be , and you know if your not a wanna be,, no need to respond to my rant.
Let the classic wanna be’s join in. It will be obvious who the wanna be’ s are, always has been obvious.

Sure are a lot of merit less egos on there. I’ll bet very few on here are real hunters and it shows by so many diff threads on any of the topics on any forum.
Let the attempt to hunt yourself out of a paper bag commence. I’ll wAit another couple years go by to check back in to see if anything has changed.
I’m sure I’ll see once again that everyone’s still taking tri states bait , when all they have to do is totally ignore the guy , and I’m sure I’ll see all the meritless egos still arm chair quarterbacking for the year after their” couple “ glorious days in the field per year.
Thanks ryan for all your help over the years and all those days in the field teaching us how to hunt. I know I learned a lot from you. A lot of my passion for mule deer came from your inspiration.

Dave from Arizona.
Thanks ryan for my 2011 13 b archery buck you helped me with. 34 days on the strip for me that year and you helped me out the whole way for free. I can’t imagine how much all that info must have costs you that year alone.

Man, it’s really sad what happens when someone makes a mistake these days, albeit a big one, still a mistake.
I found this post interesting. I have to ask...do you have many really nice friends that are also bank robbers, drug dealers, car thieves...etc. ? I mean... those too would be a big "mistake." There was clearly, and MULITIPLE, conscious decisions made to break the law here. Seriously...in order to to call what they did a "mistake," you would have to be WAAAAAY more than just naive.

Totally agree.

Who amongst us hasn't shot a deer in another state, drug it back across the border, his the antlers, cape, and gun. No difference in that and going 2mph over the limit, you JUDGEMENTAL BASTERDS

I haven’t logged into this wanna be site in several years. What I mean by wanna be is this, most guys on here are just flat out wanna be’s.
For those on here that aren’t wanna be’s, and you know who you are if your not a wanna be, don’t take this personal. A wanna be by my definition is someone that couldn’t hunt their way out of a paper bag if trapped in one. And yes basically 95 percent of the guys on this site smashing everyone they can with negativity are total wanna be’s,,,,, or just have tiny “Peter” syndrome.
Basically all they do is talk about hunting because that’s all they are capable of is talking about it. Very few guys on here that live the life or breath hunting. And any of you don’t take this personal. I’m not talking to you “ real “ hunters.
Every once in awhile I check back into this site to see if anything ha s changed for the better. Of course not, it never does. Only gets worse as more and more wanna be’s join in to argue and trash anyone that comes on it.
From super wanna be’s like tristate to the rest, it’s gotton pathetic. No one has a nice thing to say about anything. I’m blown away after several years of not logging into the site that people are still replying to tristates bait. How hard is it to see that you just don’t reply to tri. How hard is that see or learn. Don’t reply to the guy like he doesn’t even exist. Is it that hard.
Ryan made a big mistake. Doesn’t change he’s an absolute bad ass, and always will be. The guys helped me out many times along the way with info he most likely beat his truck up and gear to find. I’ve learned a lot from ryan and other “real” hunters over the years. Ya, real hunters make mistakes. Really bad judgment calls occur at times. Ryan def made a big mistake. Pastors in a church make big mistakes and get the same.

I wonder if this site will ever be able to recruit more “real “ hunters. Guys that live ans breathe the sport. Guys that just don’t talk about hunting but actually hunt more than once a year. Those kinda of guys I could learn from and aren’t the guys that are smashing everyone on here all the time. Real hunters don’t have time for that stuff. Why because they’re in the field.
So much jealousy from wanna be’s always waiting to shred someone for how they hunt , how far they shoot , where they hunt , how they hunt ect ect.

So many fragile egos on this site. A direct outcome of not knowing how to hunt and talking way to much about the sport they know very little about. Pathetic.

Here’s why. The guy lived the life at the highest level. Lived the life means he was in the field learning about critters , helping others find critters more than he was in town for years and years. I’ll alwys be greatful for Ryan’s help he has given me over the years. Always for free and that advise cost him dearly over there years in broken shocks , so much time spent in the field , gas money by the 10’s of thousands , ect ect.
Let the guy pay the price for his mistake. But only a die hard wanna be would want to strip the guy of all he has done for so many others at his own expense.

If your not a wanna be , and you know if your not a wanna be,, no need to respond to my rant.
Let the classic wanna be’s join in. It will be obvious who the wanna be’ s are, always has been obvious.

Sure are a lot of merit less egos on there. I’ll bet very few on here are real hunters and it shows by so many diff threads on any of the topics on any forum.
Let the attempt to hunt yourself out of a paper bag commence. I’ll wAit another couple years go by to check back in to see if anything has changed.
I’m sure I’ll see once again that everyone’s still taking tri states bait , when all they have to do is totally ignore the guy , and I’m sure I’ll see all the meritless egos still arm chair quarterbacking for the year after their” couple “ glorious days in the field per year.
Thanks ryan for all your help over the years and all those days in the field teaching us how to hunt. I know I learned a lot from you. A lot of my passion for mule deer came from your inspiration.

Dave from Arizona.
Thanks ryan for my 2011 13 b archery buck you helped me with. 34 days on the strip for me that year and you helped me out the whole way for free. I can’t imagine how much all that info must have costs you that year alone.
See ya in a couple years. Good luck on your hunts.

Oh and maybe post pics and write a thread or two of your hunts or something positive. Be the change for the site! We need more of that.

Couesmagnent,
When looking at mistakes, look at weather they are willful or negligent or accidental. Then ask how many accidental or unintentional mistakes someone can get before the accidental or unintentional are no longer acceptable. He has a past full of mistakes.

I found this post interesting. I have to ask...do you have many really nice friends that are also bank robbers, drug dealers, car thieves...etc. ? I mean... those too would be a big "mistake." There was clearly, and MULITIPLE, conscious decisions made to break the law here. Seriously...in order to to call what they did a "mistake," you would have to be WAAAAAY more than just naive.
I thought the same thing but didn't want to go down the rabbit hole with him.....

Blatant mistakes when you are 18 don't compare to blatant mistakes when you are 55. At 55, you don't get the pass.

Dave from Arizona.
Pretty ironic having you call out folks on this site for being wannabes and in the same breath defend Ryan Hatch, who by all definitions is the real "wannabe" here.

Breaking the law (multiple times so it is not a "mistake) to stay relevant is the ultimate definition of "wannabe".

Thanks for your input Mrs. Hatch :ROFLMAO:

Go look at the printed proclamation
In the PRINTED PROCLAMATION, it has always stated that it is the HUNTERS responsibilities to know your boundaries and season dates. On page 19 it states to DO YOUR RESEARCH. It goes on for several pages about link to boundaries, dates, web links and so on. But I mean, If I drew or bought such an important tag, you would think that I would know my rules and regulations. But lets cut them slack, at least they did hunt with in the season dates. So.....

In the PRINTED PROCLAMATION, it has always stated that it is the HUNTERS responsibilities to know your boundaries and season dates. On page 19 it states to DO YOUR RESEARCH. It goes on for several pages about link to boundaries, dates, web links and so on. But I mean, If I drew or bought such an important tag, you would think that I would know my rules and regulations. But lets cut them slack, at least they did hunt with in the season dates. So.....
Quit acting like you don't know what it stated in there. You can't be this stupid.

Dave from Arizona.
Brian Call Gritty Bowman
Mike Brownlee
Robby Denning
Ryan Hatch
Erik V. (Muley Freak)
Kurt Darner
Bowmars
Bob Beck
Greg Ritz
Bill Busbice
Chris Brackett
Tines Up

I’m guessing that this is your list of hunters who are not wanna be’s?

This is not one guy making one little mistake. This is an epidemic in the hunting world of grown men that are making huge profits off their trophies and doing it quite often very illegally. It’s time for folks to speak up and condemn the behavior and rewards. I’m tired of explaining to my son why the biggest names in the hunting world are lying, cheating, **** bags.

Brian Call Gritty Bowman
Mike Brownlee
Robby Denning
Ryan Hatch
Erik V. (Muley Freak)
Kurt Darner
Bowmars
Bob Beck
Greg Ritz
Bill Busbice
Chris Brackett
Tines Up

I’m guessing that this is your list of hunters who are not wanna be’s?

This is not one guy making one little mistake. This is an epidemic in the hunting world of grown men that are making huge profits off their trophies and doing it quite often very illegally. It’s time for folks to speak up and condemn the behavior and rewards. I’m tired of explaining to my son why the biggest names in the hunting world are lying, cheating, **** bags.
Lets hope Randy Newberg never ends up on that list. I'd bet he's one of the last true hunters in the industry.

Dave from Arizona.
So if I don't poach I am a wannabe. Cool story bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom