Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act

johnnyutah

I'm not a law watcher, but this recently introduced bill has come to my attention and is disturbing.

Please take a bit of mm time and read it. It's a 5-minute read and in very plain English.

It could be a game changer for rifle hunters & even muzzleloader hunters. Even permits would be needed to display antique firearms. More importantly it is a massive infringement on the right to bear arms. I hope there are enough level-headed Democrats left to push against it. I'm shocked this is proposed by a Congress member out of Texas.

This is just the start! There's going to be an all-out competition to see who can write more bills to take away the Second Amendment rights of American citizens. Hopefully, none of these will pass, I doubt many of us could pass the "psychological test". Thinking Elkassassin, BLooDTracKer, myself, several others, wouldn't have a chance!

"Psychological evaluation"?? Scary stuff. All your household members, ex-spouses, kids, and buddies could be subject to interrogation by the Gestapo. WOW!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Seems like there may be a little infringement here.

mz loaders.....to this point, are not "firearms"
This law doesn't really seem to care. You'll need a permit for your wall hanger antique. Jail time and fines for those who do not comply. A law like this is just one short step to gun confiscation.

I need to get a Browning Bar "antique" from WW1 era to display over the fireplace. I'll be sure to get one that's 50 cal or less. It's much safer that way.

Literally political suicide for many a dem with this one. Psych eval is an outright infringement. Registration available to the public is blatant invasion of privacy. Besides, nobody will comply...

I would expect to see a higher tax on new gun purchases and ammo and reloading components.

What this will do is to embolden states fast tracking for self implosion.

Something will happen this year that will have some kind of impact on hunting.

I'd like to see the last time there was a murder with a .50 cal or larger weapon.

That has nothing to do with saving kids or crime and everything to do with a government that is scared of the people they want to oppress.
Spot on Tri -
They built a fence around the capital with razor wire and have armed troops patrolling the D.C. streets. Third world like. They are scared chitless of an armed citizenry. Measures are coming to make them unafraid. Our elite bettors can't be afraid of the people they are trying to oppress

Even if they passed this, the % of compliance would be extremely low. Even many in law enforcement would refuse to enforce the law. They might get away with enforcing it in Massachusetts but what does everyone think would happen in Texas, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Montana and many other states?

I'm not a law watcher, but this recently introduced bill has come to my attention and is disturbing.

Please take a bit of mm time and read it. It's a 5-minute read and in very plain English.

It could be a game changer for rifle hunters & even muzzleloader hunters. Even permits would be needed to display antique firearms. More importantly it is a massive infringement on the right to bear arms. I hope there are enough level-headed Democrats left to push against it. I'm shocked this is proposed by a Congress member out of Texas.
Lee has introduced quite similar bills over the last decade or so. They usually never get out of committee because they are so ridiculous.

If the Democrats are serious about this bill, I wonder if they will allow some public question and answer colloquium about it. That would be cool. Especially questions about the 50 BMG and answers from them about why there’s the need to prohibit some ammo with a follow up question about more powerful ammo that won’t be prohibited. I know they are talking about 223 ammo where .308 will do the same job or better job. I would love to hear how this will slow crime and not discriminate against the lower income wanting to protect themselves. It would be great entertainment to hear their defense when you know they don’t know what they’re talking about. Can anyone find any defense or explanation from the Democrats about this bill? All I can find is the Pro second amendment discussion. I don’t know if there’s anything written or otherwise from the left other than this bill. If they are proud of it, talk about it.

If the Democrats are serious about this bill, I wonder if they will allow some public question and answer colloquium about it. That would be cool. Especially questions about the 50 BMG and answers from them about why there’s the need to prohibit some ammo with a follow up question about more powerful ammo that won’t be prohibited. I know they are talking about 223 ammo where .308 will do the same job or better job. I would love to hear how this will slow crime and not discriminate against the lower income wanting to protect themselves. It would be great entertainment to hear their defense when you know they don’t know what they’re talking about. Can anyone find any defense or explanation from the Democrats about this bill? All I can find is the Pro second amendment discussion. I don’t know if there’s anything written or otherwise from the left other than this bill. If they are proud of it, talk about it.
sweet jeezus cc....seriously??

They would have no clue what you are talking about....and care even less

I would assume this bill would never pass. But this does show you where their heads are and how they feel about the 2nd amendment

But this does show you where their heads are ...

headupass.jpg

Even if they passed this, the % of compliance would be extremely low. Even many in law enforcement would refuse to enforce the law. They might get away with enforcing it in Massachusetts but what does everyone think would happen in Texas, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Montana and many other states?
Massachusetts - the state where they have a reenactment of the battles at Concord and Lexington every year on "Patriots" Day. Somehow it doesn't register that the government was coming for their munitions and Massachusetts said "no you don't!!!"

Today their descendants would gladly hand over their weapons, submit to any and all taxes, and be content with a tyrannical government with no checks or balances.

I feel bad for those law abiding gun owners in Boston, Chicago, etc. Unfortunately, more and more voters are believing gun control will work because the liberal they voted for tells them it is a good idea. Everyone that knows anything about guns will read a proposed bill like that and see all the problems with it and why it won't work. I think many of the crazy liberals that push gun control know their proposed bill have many flaws but they don't care because they have an end goal of no private citizen to own a gun.

It is really sad that voters don't look at each issue themselves (gun control, abortion, taxes, etc) instead of just trusting their candidate with a "D" or "R" next to their name.

That
It is really sad that voters don't look at each issue themselves (gun control, abortion, taxes, etc) instead of just trusting their candidate with a "D" or "R" next to their name.
That's because many voters are quite uniformed on real issues and vote like they are electing a prom king or queen. This is likely the way it is with MOST younger voters under 21 or so. Mention 'filibuster' and they go wide-eyed and think you're talking about some ventriloquist's dummy.

The irony is, they claim to be open minded, accepting, and tolerant, yet you must comply to their way of thinking.

Talk about being selfish. Many problems would cease if people didn't get so wrapped up in what other people were doing that is contrary to their own preferences.

Massachusetts - the state where they have a reenactment of the battles at Concord and Lexington every year on "Patriots" Day. Somehow it doesn't register that the government was coming for their munitions and Massachusetts said "no you don't!!!"

Today their descendants would gladly hand over their weapons, submit to any and all taxes, and be content with a tyrannical government with no checks or balances.
..that's because they get a check...and free cheese...

I think many of you underestimate the willingness of Americans to comply even with bs laws. Just look at how successful the lockdowns were this year.

There will be a lot of pontificating about how "I" will never submit, but this country is full of sheeple. How many of you are out of work due to a lockdown, and how many of you are currently wearing a mask (or two, maybe three, etc.) while you read this.

There is reason to be very afraid. If any of this ever gets passed, most will comply... THAT is very frightening!

Bill

Some will comply. Those are the ones that have A single-shot shotgun a grandparent gave them or a little .380 Auto they bought many years ago and that is all they have.

The real danger of this bill is the public access to registration. That only paints a target on your back for several reasons.

Not the same as the shaming by not wearing a mask because everyone can see it instantly and when you get home, you can rip the dumb sucker off and toss it if you wish. Complying and registering will only enable the shaming and public attacks on you and members of your household. So, why would anyone risk their own personal safety and those in your household?

The real question: why is a top heavy gov't, and now EA happy "president", so up on stripping everything away from you? Safety has nothing to do with it...

Some will comply. Those are the ones that have A single-shot shotgun a grandparent gave them or a little .380 Auto they bought many years ago and that is all they have.

The real danger of this bill is the public access to registration. That only paints a target on your back for several reasons.

Not the same as the shaming by not wearing a mask because everyone can see it instantly and when you get home, you can rip the dumb sucker off and toss it if you wish. Complying and registering will only enable the shaming and public attacks on you and members of your household. So, why would anyone risk their own personal safety and those in your household?

The real question: why is a top heavy gov't, and now EA happy "president", so up on stripping everything away from you? Safety has nothing to do with it...
Because they love the power they have and don’t trust their ARMED subjects to let them stay in power....THEY are afraid of us...

Hey Togpotee!

There You go again with your BS Rhetoric!

Think with that Round Thang atop your Shoulders just once!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

People Like You being SKEERED Ain't Helping the Gun Owners of America!

.50 caliber or larger ammunition prohibited. More "common sense" gun control.

Lee has introduced quite similar bills over the last decade or so. They usually never get out of committee because they are so ridiculous.

^ This is important to understand. Bills like this, and many even worse get drafted regularly. It doesn’t mean it is going to happen. Be aware, get involved, make sure your voice is heard. That said, this one doesn’t worry me. It’s the much less imposing restrictions that are still an infringement on my rights that worry me. Any gun legislation has a major uphill battle, even in today’s congress. This one has worse odds than those who will apply for a Utah Expo permit this year. Basically no chance at happening. ;)

FYI- posting your displeasure on an Internet forum that 50 anonymous people will read does not count for “getting involved.”

^ This is important to understand. Bills like this, and many even worse get drafted regularly. It doesn’t mean it is going to happen. Be aware, get involved, make sure your voice is heard. That said, this one doesn’t worry me. It’s the much less imposing restrictions that are still an infringement on my rights that worry me. Any gun legislation has a major uphill battle, even in today’s congress. This one has worse odds than those who will apply for a Utah Expo permit this year. Basically no chance at happening. ;)

FYI- posting your displeasure on an Internet forum that 50 anonymous people will read does not count for “getting involved.”

The 'Groundhog Day' Rep from TX because it's like Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" playing every morning at 6 a.m.

For the record, I do not own any guns. :) Nor do I have any ammo. :) :) All my taxidermy work was purchased at estate sales because I wanted to make a man cave.

But for those of you that do, get involved by writing your congresspeople (note the correct non-gender designation for our reps. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: )

https://www.senate.gov/ (there's a dropdown menu at the top left to find your senator)

Sheila Jackson introduces this or a similar bill to the house every year. How Texas elected her is beyond me (I guess with people like tristate there it shouldn't be a surprise). I don't know how well you folks have read this bill but the attorney general would be given lots of power. All psychologists must be approved by the Attorney General. I wonder how many of them will be pro-gun.

This won't get through now, it's just a wish list but it should keep everyone on their toes because this is just one step the demoncraps have towards total disarmament. They will never stop trying, just wait until there is another mass shooting and watch what legislation is proposed the very next day. Just like the Patriot act was after 911.
Why would a government want its citizens disarmed? Because they know if they tried to rule an armed population the way they intend to they would be shot for it.

Yet even on this forum there are people who still think that nobody wants to take our gun rights away :unsure: or that there is no need for defense weaponry such as AR's and similar styled firearms. Threads about this topic have even been deleted by founder in the past.

Congressmen must take the "oath of office" I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

The problem is that our most dangerous enemies are domestic and have even taken this oath.

The stated purpose of all gun control is to save lives. There were less than 40,000 firearm related deaths in 2018. More than half were suicide, many were death by cop, some accidental and yes some were homicides.

The same political party that wants to save 40,000 deaths a year by eliminating our constitutional rights has no problem with murdering one million children a year through abortion.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS ABOUT SAVING LIVES?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom