sabot skirt color meaning

As I know, from a .50 cal rifle black sabots are for .45 cal bullets and green sabots are used with .44 cal. bullets ... Bruce & SilverGrand

Theres no standard in color that I'm aware of.
There is a minimal size difference in color though.
Example black harvester crush rib sabots in 50 cal are a few thousandths smaller that the red crush rib 50 cal sabots. Makes the world of difference.
Theres small kits you can order I believe that have all the different sizes for you to see what fits best in your barrel. It's something you need to fit in your rifle and cant really go off what someone else is using. Muzzleloader barrels very a few thousandths with the same manufacturer's.
For what it's worth I've had great accuracy shooting the cutting edge maximus bullet and would use on any game. Also the scorpion pt gold bullets shoot really well but I'd recommend for deer sized game. I've had the best luck with the crush rib sabots.
Also if your wanting to shoot boat tail bullets then theres sabots specifically for them as well.
I've shot a lot of barnes with mmp sabots as well. The yellow sabot with the tmz bullet I've found to be large and impossible to get down in my barrel clean. Barnes TEZ is a good option if the sabot is to tight then you can order the mmp sabot 12 and 24 which are black and slightly different sizes to find a good snug fit.

Sorry prob to much info. Contact me if you need further info or exact measurements on some sabots/bullets.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom