Sabots for CVA Accura .50 question

alinrut

Ao, I am possibly going to be hunting in Washington state, Muzzy.. Im told that I can use Sabots... what is a good Sabot round to give me accuracy and punching power out to abou 150 yrds?

I shoot No Excuses Bullets in my Accura. Cheaper and just as good as all the rest in my opinion. Good groups out to 250 yds in my gun.

My Accura V2 likes Barnes 290 gr TMZ. I through the sabot that comes with then away and I put on a Harvester yellow crushed rib sabot. Easier to load and I get MOA group with Blackhorn powder CCI mag primmer. Killed elk and deer with this load. Bullet expansion looks the same every time if I’m able to recover the bullet. Good luck.

Took the CVA Optima 2 out yesterday to try a few different bullets. The best for me was the Barnes Spitfire TEZ with 2 whitehots pellets. 100 yards. I also tried the Federal Premium BOR lock. The best grouping was 3 inches. These may work better with BH209 powder in my gun
20200802_073208.jpg

As long as you can use sabots, I would def go with the Barnes! Accuracy with a tough/ proven bullet. Good combination!

I have been using the knight red hot 300 grn bullets in my Accura since 2010. These are same bullets as the Barnes MZ with a different sabot. They’re accurate and effective in my rifle.

I have the v2 LR and mine likes the barnes te z with 3 white hots its likes the 250 gr a pinch better then the 290 but the 290 ballistics are far superior so im torn. The knock down power with he 290 is exponentially better and gives you another 100 yards of lethal effectiveness

I have the v2 LR and mine likes the barnes te z with 3 white hots its likes the 250 gr a pinch better then the 290 but the 290 ballistics are far superior so im torn. The knock down power with he 290 is exponentially better and gives you another 100 yards of lethal effectiveness
Good point bobby
That’s why I shoot the 290s instead of the 250s.
The 290s have a bit more recoil but the down range ballistics are better than the 250s.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom