Sacramento area

L

love2hunt16

I know this is a hunting site and I'm a very dedicated hunter, however I love to fish. I've just moved to Cali and I am looking for places to fish. I work in the Rancho Cordova area and I want to try the american river and also another dam off of the hazel exit in folsom. Are these good places to try for some fish? what can I expect of catch and what type of lures should i use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

love2hunt16

The American River has some great fishing. PM me and I'll give you more details. I don't fish the river much, but my son does, and trust me it is very good if you know what you're doing. He's caught salmon (you can't fish for them anymore) up to 48 lbs, stripers up to around 50 lbs., steelhead up to about 16 pounds, and lots of shad. He releases almost everything he catches.

Some of the Greatest fishing in the heart of CA. The best access is by boat, there are many spots to bank fish though, but it does get very crowded during the fish runs and rafting season in the summer. There are some good websites to get maps and info if you just do a search. Stop in to the local tackle shops and they will help you, because you then become a return customer.
There are trout, salmon, steelhead, shad, large and small mouth bass, stripers, and a whole slew of trash fish.
The American River has great public access with the parkway running most of it's length, but again there are no secret spots, it does get hammered. And be careful when you park your rig and walk away, the tweekers seem to be rampant in Sac and surrounding areas. Do not leave anything out in plain sight and take your valuables with you.
Good luck...

Stop Global Whining

Pay particular attention to his comments about the Tweekers. There are plenty of places that we won't leave our vehicles when fishing the American. Some bad spots include Rossmoor, gristmill, Goethe. We're even careful when parking at places like Sailor Bar and up above.

there is alot of great fishing in the valley, just about anything you want to catch. i work in sac. but dont fish there,but do alot of fishing 45 min. to an hour an a half away north. i wont give away any boat hotspots but if you p.m. me ill give you some good bank & technic spots. jason

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom