Sage Grouse update

Problem is what's "good" for the rancher is usually bad for wildlife, sagegrouse and mule deer, elk and bighorns included.
As far as far fetched speculation of being "Locked out"? I don't think so, those that benefit from business as usual know how to tell a good story.

Yeah I agree ranchers have their own agenda which usually is opposite of wildlife best interests. But less government control and regulations is always better for everyone!

Yep, Ranchers definitely have there own agenda. Hopefully the feds remain in control of Nevada's public land. The state would sell it off in a heart beat.

>Problem is what's "good" for the
>rancher is usually bad for
>wildlife, sagegrouse and mule deer,
>elk and bighorns included.
> As far as far
>fetched speculation of being "Locked
>out"? I don't think
>so, those that benefit from
>business as usual know how
>to tell a good story.
>

Interesting comment piper. Can you enlighten me / us on how ranching is bad for wildlife? I am asking because I have always looked at the enhancements (such as water source development) Ranchers have made to our range lands as a positive for wildlife. I'm not trying to start an argument, rather I am just trying to be better informed.

>>Problem is what's "good" for the
>>rancher is usually bad for
>>wildlife, sagegrouse and mule deer,
>>elk and bighorns included.
>> As far as far
>>fetched speculation of being "Locked
>>out"? I don't think
>>so, those that benefit from
>>business as usual know how
>>to tell a good story.
>>
>
>Interesting comment piper. Can you enlighten
>me / us on how
>ranching is bad for wildlife?
>I am asking because I
>have always looked at the
>enhancements (such as water source
>development) Ranchers have made to
>our range lands as a
>positive for wildlife. I'm not
>trying to start an argument,
>rather I am just trying
>to be better informed.

Simple I was hunting cow elk last year in unit 111. Rancher pulls into my camp asked if I had seen any of his cattle. Then asked what I was hunting. Told him cow elk. He said kill everyone of them they eat all of my cattle feed.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom