Saguache

feddoc

Long Time Member
Years ago I began complaining to DOW guys about wolves. They repeatedly told me that there were no wolves, only hybrids. I got an icy stare when I asked what the penalties were for shooting hybrids.

Not long after that I began hearing rumors from the locals that a few folks living near Crestone/Moffat would raise hybrids, only to turn them loose.

I'm not suggesting that anyone shoot a hybrid, certainly not in someone's pen.

However, the following is posted for your information. It comes from a Saguache facebook page.

Apparently someone is housing 28 hybrids near there.

"
Shonie Kelly
1h
Need your opinion! Well we just moved off grid for the same reasons everybody does. Peace and quiet tranquility! Just for someone to move on the property behind us with not 1 -2 or 3 dogs BUT 14 pairs of hybrid wolves that howl all hrs of day and night she is planning on opening up a retreat/sanctuary which would mean TRAFFIC, NOISE, you name it everything that we were trying to get away from!! Please don’t get me wrong we love animals we have livestock and dogs our self BUT Hybrid Wolves are NOT the norm ! If even one got loose let alone all of them mine and all our other neighbors in the Canyon are in danger there are ranchers with cattle not that far, plus the fact that our grandchildren are here a lot ! I hope that this is okay to post feel free to voice your opinion thanks"

I know we have seen a few over the years 2010 we saw a wolf chasing deer opening day. My uncle shot a buck not far from there and when we got to the buck the Wolf was on it. A few years later I saw one in the fields with the cattle off the main road close to where you turn off to your camp. Not sure if they are hybrids or what but both would have taken a bullet if they would of stuck around.

They are still there.

2010...I think 2009 may have been my most recent sighting. Up higher and to the west of our camp.

Saguache was where I wanted to settle down and live out my golden years. My wife promised to make my golden years miserable if I followed thru. I believe her.:oops:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom